Monday, February 8, 2010

Great weekend and even GREATER tax return!!

My weekend was awesome. Girls night and Dear John were fabulous. Of course it veered from the book but I still loved it! Saturday I got my hair did! It's super cute! I got a lot more trimmed off than I thought I would but it feels so much healthier and thinner now. I stuck with low lights and got zero highlights so it's more natural looking and less maintenance. I will try and take a picture sometime this week. Yesterday was the super bowl. Yay Saints! I think I have a new crush and that is Drew Brees (sp?) did you see him crying while holding his son? Was that Hallmark or what??

I failed at working out this weekend and ate horrible. Oh well! I enjoyed myself and everyone needs that!!!

Now the important part - having a home business proved to work wonders with our tax return. I can proudly announce that when our tax return comes in our bank account we will be able to do the following:
1. Pay off small balance credit card
2. Pay off large balance credit card
(THIS WILL MAKE US CREDIT CARD DEBT FREE!!!!!)
3. Buy new tires for both of our cars (snoozefest)

I am just so ecstatic about paying off our credit card debt. That leaves us with a huge advantage when paying off all our other debts this year. Woohoo!! I would love to be taking our large tax return and use it for our home or plan a trip but seriously... there is so much peace of mind knowing I can pay off my credit cards!!!!
Have a great Monday!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I had several credit cards when we got married and were happy to pay them off. Now we just have one but we're working to pay off our student loans. We plan to use our tax refund for next year property taxes (not fun), Christmas present money (ok) and a treadmill (YAY!). We bought our first house this year so we are looking forward to a big return! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled onto your blog tonight. I think you have great goals and a great attitude. Just wanted to say 'ello before I popped up as a random subscriber. Thumbs up for a great tax refund!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome that you can pay off your credit cards with your tax return! One of my goals for 2010 is to pay off at least 50% (if not all!) of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome awesome job!! Where are your debt stats? Posted anywhere?

    ReplyDelete