Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life!

Good Morning Sunshine! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Saturday I had my massage - it was great!! I went ahead and made a hair appointment while I was there since pregnancy has made my hair thick and crazy!!

Then it was off to the ball field to watch the hubs coach his team to 2 victories!
Then we headed to my parents casa so Chris could open up their sprinkler system he installed last year for the season and I could hang with my mom and sister. My dad lit their fire pit that night and we all made smores. I love roasted marshmallows :) They are the best! Saturday was Thunder over Louisville. If you are not from around these parts - that's a HUGE firework and air show that kicks off the Kentucky Derby Festival. If you live under a rock the Derby is a big deal is horse racing and there are 2 weeks of events & parties leading up to it around here. We chose not to attend the fireworks show because 1) it's crowded 2) it takes like 5 thousand hours to get home in the traffice and 3) it's crowded. Yes, I'm an old fart. But none the less it's a cool event - it's the largest firework show display in North America - if you're into that.

Sunday I woke up and had the urge to clean the carpets in our bedroom. I swear it's going to take me 2 months to do all the carpets in the house. I was tired after doing 1 room! I caught up on some DVR shows and picked up my sister. I'm getting bigger in my belly region and I don't have tons of $$$ to drop on a maternity wardrobe and I heard Burlington Coat Factory had a maternity ssection. Honestly I did not find a whole lot of potential - some of the clothing was not my style. But we did manage to get 1 pair of maternity capri pants ($12.99) and 3 maternity tees ($7.99 each - 2 of which I may take back). A good start I think!
I plan on boxing up alot of clothing some time this week. Most of my spring/summer clothes will not be fitting me this year and some just need to be tossed. It will free up more space in my closet too.

Yesterday after work my mom and I visited a relative of ours who is 35 weeks prego. She was so miserable! She looked great and is so excited for her little boy to come - it's just getting very uncomfortable for her at this stage. We brought her gifts since we were unable to attend her baby shower. She will make a great mom!

Now Pregnancy talk! I feel like this is all I talk about but honestly it's all I think about too. I'm 13 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. This is officially my last week in the first trimester. I hope I stop feeling so exhausted and even though I feel really fat I'm anxious to have a baby bump. :)
We are one week closer to finding out what our little baby is and that will be a huge milestone in the pregnancy.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I know you're so excited for the gender - so cool!

    haha "5,000 years" I hate traffic too! Love the smores idea- I haven't made those in too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oldnavy has really cute maternity & it's really true to size.

    ReplyDelete