Friday, April 23, 2010

My man's hand

I can't believe I forgot to mention this you guys! My husband had surgery yesterday! He had a torn tendon that was in between 2 bones in his hand that had calicified? Possibly from an injury and it's got more uncomfortable over time. LOL or atleast that's what I think it was.... basically if you look at your left hand - the area between your index finger and thumb chris had a bump there. Now it's gone! The same group of doctor's (Kleinert Kutz) that did the world's first hand transplant performed the surgery so I am confident!
We had to be at the hospital at 1 pm. We got there at 12:30 and waited and waited. His mom came up there too. He didn't go back for pre-op until 4:00! Then they let us go see him before he went into surgery. He had ESPN on! Imagine that! I gave him a kiss and off he went. Prego shelli and the mother in law went and found some french fries and pink lemonade! Did I mention I have been drinking/craving pink lemonade for about a week now???
We headed back to the waiting room about a half hour later, waited for about 20 minutes and then they called us up to go see him in recovery. He was smiling and drinking a coke. He did great in surgery and felt a little tipsy. He kept telling everyone how he wanted a steak and baked potatoe! Poor thing had not eaten since midnight and I don't know about anyone else's husbands but mine needs to eat every 4 hours. LOL!
So I had to dress him because I'm his wife (at this time his mom had left) and sign all the discharge papers. I felt so wifey like doing that. The nurse was nice enough to wheel him to our car so I didn't have to bring the car around. I would have got lost for sure downtown around all the hospitals. Then I ordered take out from Texas Roadhouse, picked it up on the way home and took my happy patient home!
I felt sad leaving him in bed today but I know he is fine! I just hate that he had to have surgery but I'm glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment