Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!
Today is my Dad's birthday! He doesn't like to make a big deal of his birthday but I do! My dad is the best! He always made sure our family had the best of everything. He is a wonderful husband to my mom and he built her their dream home. He is the best father to my brother, sister and myself. And I just know he is going to be the World's Best Grandpa! He is also my boss and has worked very hard to establish our company that has become very successful!


I LOVE YOU DAD!


He is also a turtle rescuer. Yes you read that right. He will stop and pull over on a major four lane highway to pick up a box turtle and take it home to my sister.

My sister started collecting turtles at our old house. It was a little pond then... now it's like a 20 x 20 turtle habitat at my parent's new house. Next time I'm over there I will get a picture and share it with you all. It's quite neat when they are all out. I fed them some fruit this weekend and it looked like all 35+ turtles were out enjoying the rainy weather....
Anyways my point is this morning at work the first turtle of the season was rescued.


Exhibit A:


The office pet for the day!


Did I mention this turtle rescuing fever has rubbed off on me? I stopped at some train tracks one day last summer to pick up a turtle and put it in my trunk! Of course I called my daddy to make sure it wouldn't eat me first!


Have you ever rescued a turtle? Or any other creature?

No comments:

Post a Comment