Friday, July 23, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Grilling Recipes

Today over at Kelly's Show Us Your Life it's all about Grilling!!!
We LOVE to GRILL!!
Grilling in the summer is the best because there is practically 50% less cleanup involved and who doesn't love that grilled food taste?
We grill everything (steaks, chicken, hotdogs, hamburgers, tilapia, veggies) but our favorite things to grill are Pork Chops and Potatoes. Or atleast those are my favorites!!
I don't really have my own special secret grilling marinade so here are the products I use....
Pork Chops
I always buy the breakfast chops because they are thin. Chris prefers the big, fat juicy ones but I do all the grocery shopping so I buy the thin ones. Anyways all I do is trim the fat and slip them into a ziplock and drizzle some Dale's Steak Seasoning in the bag.
I let it sit in the fridge overnight, a few hours or thirty minutes if I forgot. Ha! If you are using thin pork chops it does not matter how long they marinade because it all gets soaked in quickly. Also I try to buy the Reduced Sodium Dale's because there is a TON of salt in this seasoning.
Grill until cooked and Voila = Dinner!

Potatoes
I peel, wash and cut up a baked potatoe into small chunks. I then place the pieces into aluminum foil. Add a tablespoon (or 2 haha) of butter and dash some of this goodness over the potatoes....
Tony Chachere seasoning (you can use this on almost everything) It's kind of spicey so use it according to your liking.
I close up the aluminum foil and place on the top rack of the grill for about 30 minutes. I open them up to test the texture after 20 minutes.
I like when they burn just a little sometimes. Yummy!
Have a GREAT weekend!!!!
Love
Shelli

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I never thought of trying Dales with pork - I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that season in the grocery from time to time. We'll have to give a try.

    ReplyDelete