Tuesday, August 17, 2010

30 Weeks Belly Shot & Crazy Prego Dreams

Sleep Situation = crampy legs, butt/hip achiness, restless legs, peeing five billion times a night and to top it off.... DREAMS!!
I have always been a dreamer (which I don't mind) when I sleep and pregnancy dreams are INSANE!
Last night I dreamed that we had our baby really early and it was in the NICU. I say "it" because in my dream I'm not entirely too sure what the baby was... anyways Chris's baseball team was putting on a fundraiser for the baby. Chris and I were in the hosp. looking at the baby and it was moving and it was really strange. The dream was not sad just very strange.
I swear the baby looked like a slug. It's arms and legs were not formed and it's eyes were huge. We loved "it" of course but it was very strange.
I told Chris about it when he got home from work this morning and reassured him (and myself) that Kendall is far more developed than a slug by now if this dream were to come true.
Then sometime between talking with him and waking up for work I had another dream. Chris and I had a baby boy and we were arguing with the doctors to release him from the hospital. Maybe it was the same baby from the previous dream? I don't know? But my mom had brought some clothes for him to wear but I had like 10 outfits in the diaper bag because I couldn't decide on the perfect "going home" outfit. When we were driving home with the baby (he looked like he 4 or 5 months old) he was so happy and I remember thinking how weird it was I couldn't feel him in my belly anymore.
Even though I complain about sleeping and other pregnancy symptoms I am really happy being pregnant. I read this poem on someone's blog this morning that made me want to cry.

Expectations

It is important to me
that I spend a part of
the next few hours here
alone with you
in the darkness.
You and I will never
be this close again.
By morning you will be
a tiny person
all your own.
No longer the kicking,
demanding bulge
in my body that
I have grown to love so well.
I pray God will safely
guide you on your journey
and I ask him for the strength
to help you all I can.
Again you signal your
impatience to be free.
Time to wake your daddy.
-anonymous

It just made me think about how special all these little kicks and rolls in my belly really are and how it will be a million times more special when she is in my arms but I will still miss having her as close as she is right now. :)

2 comments: