Tuesday, September 28, 2010

36 Week Appt Day Recap

Yesterday was a very productive day! I left work early and met Chris for our 36 week appointment. My doctor was like, " now it's the fun part". I don't know if pelvic exams are fun but I kind of agree with her! Anything could happen in the next 4 weeks! She said I was 1 centimeter dialated. :) In the grand scheme of things that's nothing! But it's better than being closed for business!
I feel like she may have dropped a little over the past few days. I have A LOT more pelvic pressure and I definetly waddle now! We go back for our 37 week appt next Monday and I will officially have a full term baby in my belly.
After our appointment Chris decided to ditch class (he was already running really late anyway) and we went on an early dinner date. I was sticking around in the area for my breastfeeding class so I returned some things to Walmart & Target.
My shopping trips were very successful yesterday. I bought part of Chris's birthday gift, Wilson's Halloween costume and a bunch of last minute neccessities. I now have batteries for the baby swing, bouncy seat, pack-n-play remote and new toothbrushes! :) I purchased some other goodies on my list and now I feel more prepared for baby.
We are going to work on cleaning out our spare bedroom this weekend and if I'm still in my current mood I want to deep clean the whole house. My goal is to have our bags packed and ready to go and our plans for Wilson set in stone by Monday's appointment.
I know I'm doing all this nesting and preparing so she will arrive at like 42 weeks (I hope not!) but I just want to have all of it done so I can relax and enjoy these last few weeks pregnant with nothing to do.
The breastfeeding class I went to last night was very informative. I'm glad I went. They didn't really cover anything I hadn't heard before but the instructor cleared a few things up. She said it was very hard to cover all that is breastfeeding especially when you aren't holding a baby. Over all I feel like breastfeeding is going to be a learning experience and there is plenty of help available for me. I think I have the right level of expectations and I look forward to bonding this way with Kendall.
When I got home last night I was pretty tired and sore. My whole body has officially started swelling. My ankles (or cankles) were huge last night and felt so tight. It's so hard for me to just chill when I get home because I feel like I constantly need to be tidying up the house and doing something. That is going to have to change. They talked about that in the breastfeeding class too! The instructor said let the house be messy, don't change out of your PJ's and focus on eating, sleeping and feeding the baby. I need to learn to let go.
When Kendall is graduating from high school I won't look back on her newborn days and remember how messy my house was - I will remember the precious first few months with her! So in the words of my husband " I just need to chill".
I leave you with a preview of Wilson on Halloween.
His costume is called " Mounted Moose Head".

3 comments:

  1. What a great blog. I am loving following you through this journey! I love the "let it go" mentality. You are absolutely right, when you look back in 20 years, you won't remember the messy - and you might be surprised at who steps up to help make it unmessy, too. :)

    Love Wilson's costume. What a cutie - I don't think he could look bad in any costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love your dog's costume!!!

    Breastfeeding is definitely a "learn on the job" sort of thing. I hope your hospital has a lactation consultant on staff - they can be a GREAT help while you're in there with the baby.

    My advice - it's HARD, but worth it! Have patience with yourself and your little girl - you're both doing it for the first time, you know?

    Jenn @ watchmybuttshrinking.com

    ReplyDelete