Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like FALL!

How beautiful was this weekend?? I don't think we could have asked for more perfect weather this Labor Day weekend. We spent this lovely weekend having some fun with family and catching up on some projects around the house.
Saturday was the big UL vs. UK game. Sadly UL lost. :(
We watched the game at my parent's house.
Let me rephrase... Chris watched the game in their home theater. I spent time with my mom and sister. My mom took me on a tour of the nut farm. I don't know if I've mentioned this before but my parent's home is situated around all kinds of nut trees. Pecans, walnuts... etc. etc. She is so cute with all her "nature" ness around her! Who knew my mom would be so in tune with nature - haha. Here is a picture of some of the nut trees and mom's herb garden.
Here was our cook for the day. My brother has made grilling a hobby this year. If he could grill or smoke meat everyday - he would! I made UL/UK cookies. They were a hit!
This will be Kendall's outfit for the end of football season or early basketball season! Chris may argue a bit - I'm sure she will have a blue outfit too.
Although he is obnoxious my sweetie does look good in blue! :) To end our Saturday Chris took me on a golf cart ride. Please excuse my hugeness - I was wearing my brother's UofL shirt and I'm 8 months pregnant so I have an excuse!
Chris worked Sunday and spent the rest of the evening doing fall yard work. This is a big deal for him - we seriously have the best grass in the neighborhood so he has standards to live up to! Ha!
I cleaned the house (like I'm always doing these days). I also made some lasagnas. One big one for the Sego's who just had Emmakate last week. 2 smalls ones for us - I froze one to see how it turns out. If it turns out nice I'm going to start some batch baking in October to get us stocked on frozen meals for when Kendall arrives.
Labor Day was spent being lazy (for me) and busy for Chris. He finished staining our deck and studied. I eventually got up and made myself presentable. I cooked a pot roast with potatoes and carrots all day. Which ended up incredibly overdone - yikes! - I think my crock pot's version of "LOW" temperature isn't low at all. I also busted out my sewing machine but I will get into all that another day!
Another busy week planned which I will discuss this week but that's how we spent our 3 day weekend! I leave you with my 33 week belly bump picture!

1 comment:

  1. Shelli, You look gorgeous in this picture! Styling at 8 mos pregnant...you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete