Monday, October 18, 2010

7 days & a False Labor Weekend

I'm going to lie... I really thought I would not be posting today... pregnant. Ugh! But I am. No Kendall yet. :(
7 days until Kendall's due date. Because my doctor apparently has a life outside of my pregnancy I'm not having my 39 week appt. until Wednesday and it's killing me!!!
This weekend I didn't get any sleep! Saturday night I even made a call to the on call doctor because I was having crazy braxton hicks contractions. I really thought it was "it". I had them on and off all day yesterday also.
I came into work really late today so I could sleep in and get some rest considering I didn't sleep at all last night.
I know it's my body preparing me for life with a newborn but I'm exhausted. It's so hard for me to move around and not getting enough rest is starting to get old. I pray this means it's close to labor. I really want to meet my baby girl and not be pregnant anymore.
Other than not sleeping... we had a great weekend. Friday night I cleaned the house and spent some quality time on the couch with Wilson catching up on DVR shows. Chris played golf friday afternoon and again on Saturday. He wanted a golf weekend for his birthday - fine with me! Saturday while Chris was golfing with my brother my sister and I ate some spicey food at Chili's and walked around the neighborhood in hopes of triggering labor. My parents invited us over for dinner Saturday night. They wanted to do something nice for Chris's birthday. It was yummy! My mom bought a glider and I spent some time rocking which in turn I think triggered my contractions that night.
I plan on going home and sitting on my exercise ball in hopes of getting this girl out tonight!
Sunday I managed to make it to the grocery and then my friend Sara came over to take some fun pictures of my nursery and belly. It was a lot of fun! I hope we got some good shots and I can't wait to see them!
Now to get our minds off me still being pregnant... if you have been a reader of my blog for a long time you may remember this post.
Well look what my mom found at Sam's club???
My verdict: Not as good as homemade... it lacks some serious chocolate. But I'm sure I will still eat the whole bag. :)

1 comment:

  1. I was sent to triage today and monitored and then sent home. So annoying. This kid does not want to come out either. They moved up my induction to Wednesday. I understand the misery. I hope you get to meet Kendall soon!

    ReplyDelete