Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend & 1 Month Check up

Thank you all for your sweet comments on Kendall's 1 month post. I truly love being a mommy and could not imagine my life without Kendall. It's hard work but so rewarding. It's crazy how motherhood changes your perspective on everything. I now think of someone else before myself and I wouldn't have it any other way.

We had a great weekend and great 1 month check up! Chris shot a deer on Saturday and took his girls on a date that night. He was so happy.

Kendall weighed 9 lb 12 oz today! 22.5 inches long! She's in the 75% percentile! She did so good during her exam and shot. If she got fussy I just held her and she calmed down. That has got to be one of the best feelings in the world as a mom!
The only concern I had at her appointment was her baby acne. Poor thing started having acne this weekend. Apparently it could be from my hormones! :( They reassured me it's completly normal and should go away on it's own!

As I mentioned in the beginning of this post my perspective has changed about ... EVERYTHING. I blogged about my weight when I started this blog and was concerned about losing my pregnancy weight while I was pregnant. Now... I don't really care. I mean I do, clearly for my health, but I'm not like watching what I eat or anything right now or exercising. I'm lucky if I have time to eat or think about my weight these days! Anyways my point is... I only have 11 more pounds until I'm at my prepregnancy weight! Yay!I think that's pretty good for 1 month postpartum. I won't even share what my weight got up to but just know that breastfeeding is the best weightloss program ever!

2 comments:

  1. That's all so very awesome. So glad she did great with her exam and shot and I can only imagine how awesome that is to have her melt with your comforting hand. I never realized the acne was from the mom's hormones but it does go away.

    I can understand not stressing about your weight or worrying about the little things. This is such a period of growth and learning and who cares about the little stuff. Overall health is the important aspect and you are very healthy so why worry about the little stuff.

    So glad you are doing so well and enjoying this so much. Such an awesome and inspiring story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D can't wait to see you thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete