So… in our family the week of Christmas is CRAZY! Not because of all the holiday craziness but we celebrate 3 birthdays.
December 20 – My sister Amanda’s Birthday (middle)
December 21 – My mom Lillian’s Birthday (far left)
December 22 – MY BIRTHDAY! (far right)
We always have a great time celebrating each birthday together. We are usually so sick of eating out/birthday cake by the time it’s my birthday and then WHAM Christmas food/sweets. I will probably gain 5 pounds this week. Ha!
Anyways although I enjoy celebrating a day that’s all about ME, I find that I don’t get as excited anymore. I guess it’s the whole getting older part. Plus a perfect birthday for me would just be spending time with my baby and husband.
used to have some pet peeves about having my birthday 3 days before Jesus when I was growing up.
1. No one is available to come to your sleepover! Everyone is traveling and celebrating Christmas already.
2. I don’t give you Easter Eggs or Pumpkins for your birthday so I really don’t want Christmas themed gifts on my birthday!
3. I still to this day make my husband wrap my birthday gifts in NON Christmas wrapping paper!
4. I give you a Christmas gift in December and a birthday gift in May so why is my birthday gift a joint birthday/Christmas gift. Really?
5. We will never have a baby born in December! Ha!
I’m not sure what the plans are for Birthday week 2010 but I assure you it will be fun! I will try and keep you updated this week on our festivities!!!