Monday, January 3, 2011

Mole Monday

Today was my last day of maternity leave. It’s bittersweet. I’m happy to be going back to work since I love my job but sad that I will not get that time to spend with Kendall. This week she will go with me to work most of the time since everyone in the office is working out of town anyway. I guess that’s why I’m not boohooing right now.

When I do go to work with out my baby girl in tow I am content with knowing she will be in excellent care with my mom. Also I have some exciting things/opportunities we’ve been talking about with my job that may be exactly what our family needs. I won’t go into details now but I will keep you posted!

Anyways… Kendall and I spent the morning cuddling and playing. Chris and I tackled some home projects too.

My mom gave me this picture that didn’t work out in her guest bedroom. It matched our color scheme perfectly. I still think it looks too small but it’s better than a blank wall that’s for sure.January 2011 007

Finally a shelf in our laundry room! Like my little laundry sign? Ha!

January 2011 006

I had made an appointment with my dermatologist for a mole map. I have some new places on my body thanks to pregnancy and figured I’d get them checked out since I’m so fair skinned. It was a joke! He just asked me what places I was concerned about, looked at them, said it was fine and to stay out of the sun. Thanks Doc, I could’ve had Chris do that.

I came home and decided to try a new recipe from this cookbook my mom gave me.

 January 2011 004

I didn’t have ranch mix so I just used salt and pepper.

January 2011 003 

They turned out really yummy!

January 2011 010 

I paired it with Chili. The cookbook has different pita chip recipes I may try in the future. I’m going to try and make one new recipe a week. So consider this week #1 of my 2011 recipe challenge.

Now I have to get back to my sweet little family… night!

January 2011 008

January 2011 009

No comments:

Post a Comment