Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Party Planning


I've got a few events I'm hosting over the next few months that I'm excited about. I love planning things and having people come to my home. My house is kind of small so I don't really like to have parties now. I know in our next house (which will hopefully happen before baby #2) I will have parties all the time. So here is what I've been planning...

May
I'm hosting a ThirtyOne gifts party in my home for a friend of mine. This will be a pretty simple event. I'm already thinking of menu ideas for refreshments and how I will arrange my living/dining area for seating. I'm having this on a Friday evening so I want to serve more filling foods since people will be hungry after working all day. However I have a baby and will probably work some that day so I don't want to do anything too crazy. I'm thinking I will make a veggie tray, cheese & cracker tray and a few desserts the night before. That way on party day all I have to do is prepare some warm filling foods, drinks and decorate!


June
I'm cohosting a graduation party for my husband at my inlaws. We are throwing up some big white tents, table and chairs and ordering bbq for this one! We have a few weeks to finalize the guest list and get invitations out. I'm wanting to do a a teacher theme for the invitations and cake.

We leave for vacation a few days after his party and will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary this month also! Yay for June!

October
You better believe it will take me 6 months to plan the party of the year - Kendall's 1st Birthday!!! As of right now I'm planning on having this at my parent's home due to space. I've tossed around a few theme ideas and may or may not have already made a "vision board" file on my computer. I would love to type out everything I'm thinking and show you all the pictures in my vision board but I will save this for later. Just know it will be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!

Okay maybe I will show one inspiration photo....
Found here

2 comments:

  1. love love love the pic! I love to throw parties as well and Jaelyns 1st bday was by far my FAV to throw! good luck !! and ps my cake lady is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay June wedding anniversaries & YAY October baby bdays!! :)

    ReplyDelete