Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap

Morning! Today is a great day to be an American. Osama Bin Laden is dead. I'm not going to cheer about someone dying or anything but I just wanted this written so Kendall will know how old she was when it happened. Because we all know my main purpose of this blog is to get it printed into books for her to cherish. Moving on... We had a great weekend at the Ryan household. Friday night Kendall and I spent some time at with my parents at dinner and got home too late. I need to stop doing that! It's not good for her schedule to get home at 10:30 pm!
Saturday Kendall went to her first birthday party. Liam is a sweet boy (and neighbor) and he turned 1! Pam had everything so cute at the party. The theme was Mod Monkey. I stole this picture off her facebook album btw.
Of course Kendall wasn't big enough to run around with the rest of the kiddos but she did try a little bit of icing off the cake and enjoyed getting all dressed up!
I'd be lying if I said this didn't inspire me to start planning Kendall's 1st birthday. I know I've mentioned it before but 6 months isn't a lot of time to plan the party of the year!!
Since Chris was golfing with my brother we ventured over to my parent's after the party. My parents still own the house I grew up in and they were working in the yard over there. I brought Kendall by to introduce her to some of our old neighbors. They all want us to move into that house. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be their neighbors too! Afterwards we went out to eat and chilled at my parent's for a bit before heading home.
We had the BEST Sunday. I'm pretty sure I didn't change out of my pjs until after 1 pm. We had lunch at El Nopal and then did a little shopping at Walmart.
I then conquered my mound of coupons and went to the grocery while Kendall and Daddy played in the yard. Chris brought her exersaucer outside while he played basketball in the driveway and Kendall went nuts. I wish I'd been there to take pictures. I'm sure it was a sight!
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute party! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never to early to start planing the biggest party ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete