Thursday, June 23, 2011

End of an Era

The night before Kendall turned 8 months something happened. Kendall learned how to sit up in her pack n play. Since bringing her home from the hospital she has slept right next to Mommy in her little bed all convenient and cozy. 
I thought I would never want my baby out of my room. The thought used to make me well up with tears but now I just feel like it’s time. She needs her space and independence. I’m so glad I waited until this time was right for both of us and I knew I would always just know when it felt like the right time. Honestly, that’s how I approach/ will approach a lot of things with Kendall.
Now let’s be realistic… these days Kendall ends up in bed with me at some point during the night. I never thought I would co sleep with my baby but I love it. I always put her to bed in her bed first. These days when she wakes up and gets restless or hungry or she needs a diaper change and I’m too tired to try to get her to calm down I just cuddle her up next to me in bed because it works instantly. Sleep is very important to me and I know she finds it comforting too.
This weekend (if we remember) we are going to lower Kendall’s crib in her room. She has never slept more than a nap in her crib. I’m going to try to get her to sleep in her crib when she falls asleep. If she wakes up like she has been almost every night these days I will do my best to get her to go back to sleep. If I feel she should sleep in my bed for the rest of the night that’s what I’m going to let her do.
One day Kendall will be a teenager and not want to cuddle with her mommy so if she’s still sleeping in my bed when she’s 3 years old I do not care. I cherish every moment we have together.
End of an Era:June 2011 018
She adapts well with change don’t you think???
June 2011 019
June 2011 020
June 2011 021
*** I know that all sorts of resources and recommendations dislike co sleeping but I’m a light sleeper and I don’t move when I sleep. Kendall is completely safe. And I never let her sleep in my bed with me until she was like 3 months old.***

No comments:

Post a Comment