Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Planning a 1st Birthday

I have been thinking about Kendall's 1st Birthday for a while now and I have mentioned it a few times on the blog. Being that it's a little over 3 months away I have finally decided on a theme. Before I share my theme I would like to talk about how I made this decision...

1. Her birthday is in October and I didn't want anything Halloween/costume related. I'm sure she will have atleast one costume related birthday in her life but I don't like mixing holidays with birthdays if I don't have to. My birthday is December 22... get the picture?

2. I wanted to incorporate the season into her birthday but not overdo it. I love the colors of spring and summer but can't picture having a beach party in October. Not to mention it will be difficult to find beachy things in October. Most fall ideas are harvest related and I didn't want an orange/brown soiree.

3. I wanted to use her nursery colors. Pink and Green!

4. I wanted a fun theme that I could get really creative with - this is probably the only birthday party where I choose the theme. Next year Kendall will dictate her birthday.

That's when one day I thought of the theme "Apple of My Eye". I start googling this theme to see if it had ever been done before and I found this party and loved everything about it. However, I wanted to make it more first birthday and more pink for a girl.

I kept searching and came across this party and FELL IN LOVE. It was exactly what I wanted. I even emailed the mom and told her I'd give her full credit if I used some of her ideas. It mixed the fall apple theme with the color scheme I wanted.


So now I have all these ideas in my head. I know this party won't be a lot of people or even a lot of kids (her social scene isn't that large yet - she's only 1) but I want to have it so cute.

I'm going to try and make the invitations/printables myself and then I'm sure I will order a few things off Etsy.
I have so many cute ideas. I will try and not go completly crazy with the apple business but I am going to make it a first birthday to remember for my special girl!!!

Feel free to browse my pinterest board on her birthday found here.



5 comments:

  1. That will be such a cute party! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh too cute! I'm still months away from delivering and fall birthday ideas have popped into my mind more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic idea! It will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! You're always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your theme and ideas! My birthday is November 1st and growing up my mom always tried to convince me to have a Halloween themed party. I never did and completely agree that birthdays and holidays should be seperate. (I was probably just being selfish and wanted everyone's full attention - ha!)

    ReplyDelete