Thursday, November 17, 2011

Adventures in Foreclosures…

I’m a control freak. My current house situation is not helping my attitude these days. Selling your current home and buying a foreclosure is not for the faint of heart.

My mom’s advice is always to not worry. Easier said than done but she always tells me these things when I word vomit all my worries to her… How does worrying serve me? And I can’t get that time back. When all of this is resolved… look at all the time I spent worrying/analyzing about it??

So… since I can’t partake in Christmas decorating in either house at the moment to fill up my time I’ve decided to share some of my design ideas for the new house.

As I’ve explained before… we are buying a HUD fixer upper on 2 acres across the street from my parents home. This is a great opportunity and has the potential to be a great investment for us in the future. However, we have a lot of work to do to make it our own!

I’m holding out on sharing the BEFORE pictures (aka how the house looks right now) until it’s officially ours… but I promise those pictures will not disappoint. Unless purple doors, shell shaped bathroom vanities and gold ceiling light fixtures are your thing??? It’s really not THAT bad.

So without giving too much away here is the floor plan…

9200 james hill road floorplan

In comparison to our current home… we are gaining 500 more sq. footage, an additional bedroom and a garage! Room for baby number 2??? ;)

I’ve been obsessing over paint swatches! Here are the colors I have chosen for our color palette. Thoughts???

clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008

These are all Porter Paint colors if you’re interested!

We are hoping to do the following before we even move in…

  • Clean
  • Paint the entire house
  • Extend Master Bedroom closet
  • Put in new carpet in all the bedrooms
  • Possibly redo the flooring in the rest of the house (it has laminate hardwood floors that have some issues)
  • Possible restructure the kitchen to get laundry closet out of kitchen

Piece of cake right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, good luck with all of that. It sounds like a lot of work, but I bet it will be amazing in the end! I absolutely love the flagstone and bluewillow color. I'm redoing our master bedroom next Spring. I can't wait. Love the split floor plan layout of the new house too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I also obsessed over everything when we were doing our house. It is going to look so good at the end. I also love the split floor plan. We looked at houses that were like this too! Cant wait to see the finished results!

    ReplyDelete