Monday, December 5, 2011

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

Nothing to report here. We packed all weekend and are anticipating the closing of our current home sometime this week and then we will be homeless (kind of) until we close on our new one.
And here's Ms. K... :)

(picture taken yesterday at my parents' house)

So... for fun I thought I would participate in this Christmas Traditions quiz I saw over at Welcome to Heardmont!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?

Hot Chocolate. I have no desire to try Egg Nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Chris and I argue about this all the time. He thinks Santa shouldn't wrap presents and I think Santa should use different wrapping paper. I think we will compromise and Santa will wrap only the small gifts and we will leave the big gifts unwrapped (bikes, dollhouses, trains...)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Another argument. I like white lights because they are classy and I always win. Ha! I think we will buy a second tree for the fun ornmanents and have colored lights on it.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but if I ever see some to buy.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year we will be lucky to even be in our new house before Christmas so we will see... :(
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I'm not a big traditional Christmas meal fan. I do love all the Christmas sweets!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Waking up on Christmas morning seeing my Barbie Dreamhouse all set up! I guess that's the reasoning for Question #2.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I have a feeling I was older than I should've been. I don't think there was a definite moment when I was told I think I just figured it out. You want it to be real so badly!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We usually open our ornaments and cards we get one another.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It started out with a teal/white/silver color scheme but over our 3 years of marriage we've added a lot of personal ornaments. My dream is to have 3 or 4 trees decorated and always have one for the fun ornaments.

11. Snow! love it or dread it?
I love the first snow we get. I start to hate it when I need to drive in it. I'm moving to a street with a steep hill so I don't know if I will love snow after this winter.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes but it's been a few years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Barbie Dream House! Ha!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family and celebrating the birth of Jesus. I want Kendall growing up knowing the real reason for Christmas. Santa will bring gifts on Christmas morning and that's it.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Fudge, peanut butter balls, cake balls, white chocolate peppermint bark... anything my Grandmas make!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
As Kendall gets older I'd like to start doing more Christmas tradition things... like going to look at Christmas Lights at the Louisville underground and when she is about 5-6 we can go see the Nutcracker at the Louisville Ballet every year!!! :)

17. What tops your tree?
A big bow. I'd like to find a pretty star or angel.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Giving. I have everything I need. I love shopping for others.

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
Yum!
20. Favorite christmas movie?
Chris and I actually agree on this. We both loved the movie Prancer growing up. :) I love Home Alone and a few others I can't think of at the moment too.
21. Saddest christmas song?
The sappy country one about the little boy buying Christmas shoes for his mom.

22. What is your favorite christmas song?
O Holy Night & Winter Wonderland
Take this quiz and LINK UP!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Shelli! I'm glad you filled out the little Q&A - I loved your Barbie Dream House story. :) I hope you have a great Christmas and good luck with your upcoming move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for house progress! Crazy timing with the holidays, but I'm sure you will love your new place.

    Love this holiday link up and totally going to blog it later this week. We have so much in common ... love the white lights while Kevin fights for the colors, Santa wrapped gifts, Barbie Dream House was the best ever and giving is totally better than receiving. :) Love this season and all of the fun that comes along with it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute post! i bet you cant wait to get in your new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I'll link up this week! :) Eric and I used to argue over the same with Santa gifts. lol. When I was younger, everything was wrapped... except Santa presents were in special Santa paper. Erics family had ALL of their Santa gifts unwrapped. (which i think is LAME-O! haha. that takes all of the fun out of tearing open the wrapping paper and being surprised!) So we decided on what you guys did.. one big gift open and set up. :) I think it works out pretty good. We're thinking about going to the Lights under Louisville thing this year. It looks like so much fun. :)

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I'm totally hot chocolate too. And White lights! :)

    ReplyDelete