Friday, December 23, 2011

The Post You’ve Been Waiting For…

WARNING: Picture Heavy Post

On December 20th (my sister’s birthday) we closed on our second home. For those of you new to the blog let me catch you up on this situation…

We put a bid on a HUD foreclosure in late September/early October. Purchasing a HUD home is a long process. We sold our home to my cousin and his wife and gave them the keys on December 9. We have been living in my parent’s basement in the meantime while we fix up our foreclosure.

The morning of Dec. 20th I took a bunch of BEFORE pictures. I wanted pictures of the house as it was so that I could show our progress and track the changes we are making.

Front of the House

DSC_0919 DSC_0922 DSC_0923

Our side yard goes all the way to that fence.DSC_0924 DSC_0925 DSC_0926 DSC_0929 DSC_0930

View from the front door

DSC_0932

This area is the dining area

DSC_0933

View from the left of the foyer (living room and kitchen) I love that the house is so open

DSC_0934

View from the living room back at the foyerDSC_0935

Foyer area

DSC_0938

On this side of the house are Kendall’s playroom and the office

Kendall’s playroom

  DSC_0939 DSC_0940

The office

DSC_0941 DSC_0942

Weird shelf anyone?

DSC_0943

Kitchen from the living room

DSC_0944 DSC_0945 DSC_0946 DSC_0947  DSC_0964

This was almost a dealbreaker for me… laundry closet in the kitchenDSC_0966

DSC_0968

Living Room

DSC_0948DSC_0949 

Full Bath

DSC_0951

Complete with a shell sink and wood toilet seat (barf!)DSC_0952   Kendall’s room

DSC_0957DSC_0956

Master Bedroom (another almost dealbreaker because it’s small and only has a 1/2 bath)

DSC_0958 DSC_0959 DSC_0960 DSC_0961

Master half bath

DSC_0962 DSC_0963    

So there you have it! The BEFORE pictures. We’ve already made a lot of changed and it’s only been 3 days! We are going to stay across the street at my parent’s until the major work is done. Hoping to move in around New Years. 

3 comments:

  1. Cute house can't wait to see what all ya'll do with it! I was trying to see if I could tell what part of town it was in:) And girlfriend we still have a super cute shell sink in our hallway bathroom. Chris has been here for 6 and half years. just hasn't been high on the priority list to replace, but it's coming soon haha! I love that you had a picture of that sink haha!! I also love the openness of it! When we build a home I told Chris that was one of my musts an open floor plan!! Hope you and family have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute home with so much potential! You have SO much space with that open floor plan. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new house Shelli! Have a great time decorating and making it your own!!!

    ReplyDelete