You are 15 months old. I no longer see any baby when I look at you! You’re all toddler! You are so smart and are learning things so quickly. I can’t believe how much you’ve changed since your first birthday. Since I stopped doing monthly posts about your development I wanted to pick back up before I forget all the cute and fun things you’re doing these days.
- You TALK so much! From the moment you wake up until the moment you’re fighting to go to sleep at night you are talking a mile a minute. Sure, I don’t understand all your “words” yet but I really feel like we are holding conversations now.
- You point at things you want while you’re taking. My favorite is when you’re hungry/thirsty or want something you can’t reach. You get a little feisty but that’s what makes you, you!
- At your 15 month checkup you said “HI” to all the doctors and medical assistants. You were so friendly.
- You weighed 23.6 pounds last Thursday at the doctor and 24.6 the following Monday at your well checkup. So I’m guessing you are somewhere in between that weight.
- You were 31.5 inches – I can’t remember what you were at 1 year but I think 31.5 is a little off. You are so tall!
- You are wearing size 18 month clothing and size 4 diapers. I’ve started trying on some of your 24 month clothing and most are too big.
- When you’re doing something you are supposed to be doing (like going up steps, putting Wilson's dog food in his water bowl or opening cabinets) and I tell you no… you shake your head no and keep on doing it. WE are working on this!
- You are so LOVING. When you’re busy playing you love to come and hug/kiss on me. I love it!
- When you’re sleepy you love holding hands when I rock you. Full on clasping fingers holding hands. LOVE!
- You shake your head NO all the time. You know the meaning of that!
- I love watching you play. I wish I knew what your pretty little head was thinking.
- You can climb up and down off couches now. I think I’m getting gray hair.
- You want to play outside so badly. I cannot wait until SPRING. We are going to have so much fun playing in our new big backyard. I think a swing set is going to have to make it’s way behind our house this year. :)
- You’re still my picky little eater. I confessed to the pediatrician that I was still feeding you Stage 3 Gerber baby foods sometimes so you would eat some form of fruit/veggie and he said his 2 year old ate those too. On the flip side… Wilson’s diet has gotten out of control because of you feeding him what you don’t want.
- I’ve been trying to limit your Mickey Mouse clubhouse viewings (kind of hard when you’re trying to unpack a house) but I’ve noticed you are very interactive with the show. Answering questions and dancing along.
- You have certain toys that play music and you love going over to them and pushing the button and dancing.
- I think you will be taking gymnastics soon. You LOVE being flipped around and playing “rough”. You do the cutest thing when you want to play like that. Exhibit A:
There are probably a million things I’m missing but you’re growing up too fast to write them all down! It’s no joke that you keep me busy! I love you so much and I love the beautiful, smart, funny and sassy toddler you’re becoming everyday!
(p.s. you’re also starting to get the hang of this whole taking pictures deal!)
We love you bunches!
Mommy & Daddy