Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Busy Weekend and Red Velvet Valentine’s Day!

 

Friday

My good friend Heather and her two babies came over to our house for a play date. I didn’t get a picture of sweet Weston but I did manage to get a couple of Kendall and Emmakate. EK is 2 months older than Kendall… I told Heather it will be so much fun when they start having sleepovers!

DSC_0202

We watched the movie Contagion Friday night. Movies like that are so good but CREEP me out!

Chris and I didn’t get to go out alone this Valentine’s Day and knew we wouldn’t try going out to dinner on the actual holiday so we celebrated by going out to dinner 3 TIMES with Kendall over the weekend. We are nuts. We also had Chris’s parents over for dinner Saturday night.

Monday

After going out to dinner for the 3rd time (ha!) we ventured to the Sprint store where I almost scored a new Iphone 4S but found out I am still under contract with AT&T. Boo! Anyways… we set up a tablet on display to play Mickey Mouse for Kendall so we could talk with the Sprint people. I was on the phone with AT&T like 5 feet from Kendall and I hear Chris say, “ Shelli, did you give Kendall that drink?”

OMG! Parents FAIL. Kendall had found either an employees’ diet Orange Crush or dug it out of the trash but she was holding it watching Mickey Mouse. Ewe!

Later that evening Kendall and I baked some goodies to hand out to her grandparents on Valentine’s Day. She was so excited when the cupcakes came out of the oven I had to pop one in the freezer to cool quick!

bakingwithmommyfeb142012

Valentine’s Day

Chris wakes up super early and I rarely remember him kissing me goodbye every morning. I woke up at 6:15 and checked to see if he was still home. He wasn’t but he had left his backpack. So I call to tell him what’d he left and he said he would come back and get it. When he got home he had roses! My sweet husband was TRYING to sneak out and get flowers to surprise me so when I woke up for the day I would have flowers! :)

Kendall and I ate cinnamon roll hearts and enjoyed our day!

vday2012

Chris has baseball tryouts this week so a Valentine’s day practice was inevitable. I made sure dinner was ready the moment he walked through the door so he would be good and full for practice!

Another year with no pictures of us together! Ha!

I hope you and the loves in your life had a Happy Valentine’s Day!

2 comments:

  1. She is getting so big. Her hair is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that K helped you with your holiday baking! Red Velvet is the best!!

    ReplyDelete