Wednesday, February 8, 2012

TAG!! You’re it!

My lovely blogger buddy Laura tagged me in a fun little Q & A game! I love stuff like this!!! Here is how it works:

1. You must post the rules
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3.Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people & link them on your post. (or as many as you like)
5. Let them know you've tagged them.

Facts about yours truly:

1. I loathe pickles. Like I hate them. When my burger comes at a restaurant and a pickle has touched some of my fries I won’t eat them. Chris finds it hilarious to kiss me after he eats pickles. Yuck!

2. It took me 5 years and 2 schools to finish my Bachelors Degree. I also got married and bought my first house while in school too.

3. Some of my favorite moments as a mom to a little girl are shopping at Target together and combing Kendall’s hair. God knew what He was doing giving me Kendall. :)

4. I want lots of babies and hope to experience having a boy too. I have a list of baby names on my Iphone with NO girl names and all boy names. I have tons of ideas for a boy nursery too.

5. I became a certified SCUBA diver when I was 13. I never made it to scuba diving in the actual ocean but I did dive with my dad at “the Living Seas” exhibit at Disney’s Epcot! Ha! I have it on vhs tape and everything.

6. I am on my Iphone more than I’m willing to admit. It’s bad. I’m addicted to checking everything all of the time.

7. I love a good booty shaking song. If someone ever puts a hidden camera in my house or car they will make millions off my youtube videos.

8. When I get headaches I drink a Coca Cola or eat chocolate and it always seems to go away. :)

9. I have 2 DVRS in my house now. I can’t even keep up with everything I record these days. I love it!

10. I know I should watch/read the news and pay attention more about what’s going on in our country but I find I’m much happier if I don’t know. I get so frustrated and worked up about issues.

11. I have the best hair. It’s naturally curly, thick and styles well. Now if I could just summon the energy to fix it and not wear it in a ponytail everyday.

12. I am super competitive when it comes to board games. Like it could get ugly. I will NOT play Monopoly with my mom or brother. Ha!

 

Laura asked:

1. What is your absolute favorite meal?

This is a tough question. Are we talking restaurant or home cooked? Ha! My favorite meal is ritz cracker chicken, mashed potatoes, bread and sweet tea! Yum! Or some BBQ from Mark’s!

2. Coke, Pop, or Soda?

COKE!

3. What kind of car do you drive?

A Black 2010 Chevrolet Equinox

4. Have you ever traveled out of the country?

Yes. I went to Niagara Falls Canada side in college and the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon. I’d love to travel to Europe.

5. Where is your favorite place to shop for clothes?

Kohl’s, Target… I love a good deal and don’t shop a lot for me these days.

6. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

Boston, Chicago, Charleston, SC or Key West… maybe I will have homes all over one day?

7. How did you meet your husband?

Love this story! I had just been promoted at UPS to supervisor. He was a supervisor in the new office I was working in. I thought he was cute but never talked to him until I was training loading airplanes with my friend Molly. I flirted/talked to him one night and invited him to go out to breakfast (we worked third shift) with us after work one night. Breakfast and one myspace message from him later and the rest is history.

8. Do you have any nicknames?

Not really. In high school Liz called me Shellster sometimes. ;)

9. Why did you start your blog/How long have you been blogging?

I started my first blog in fall of 2008 titled “the life and times of Mrs. Shelli Ryan” but failed to keep it updated. Then I started this blog with the title “ Skinny Jeans ~ Fat Wallet” in fall 2009 but changed the name when I got pregnant. I started blogging to keep a journal and keep family posted on our lives. I want to print my blog posts into books for Kendall.

10. What were you like in high school?

My high school was huge and felt more like a college because everyone had different “majors”. There weren’t popular kids and sports were not a huge deal. I was a YPAS (Youth Performing Arts School) Musical Theater major. I hung out with the artsy crowd at school and hung out with my church youth group buddies outside of school. High school was okay and I loved being able to take tap dancing and music theory in between regular school subjects.
11. How tall are you?

I’m 5’6”

12. What is your favorite book? 

I haven’t read a whole book since before I was pregnant. So sad because I love reading! I can’t think of one book I favor the most but I love Nicholas Sparks and a good romcom.

 

Now my Questions for everyone I tag are…

  1. What’s your favorite brand of milk chocolate?
  2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
  3. What’s your favorite room in your house and why?
  4. Describe your favorite t-shirt.
  5. What’s your favorite comfort food?
  6. Which Disney Princess is your favorite? Why?
  7. Dogs or Cats?
  8. What’s your favorite chick flick?
  9. What were your wedding colors?
  10. Who was your favorite Saved by the Bell character?
  11. Describe your perfect breakfast?
  12. What kind of shampoo/condition do you use?

I’m supposed to “tag” 12 people and let them know I tagged them.

Christy @ Everyday Giggles

Dalyn @ Officer/Gentleman and his Lady

Liz @ Mr. Jones & me

Crystal @ the Alvey Family

Sarah @ the Milam’s

If I didn’t tag you it’s probably because you’ve already been tagged or I forgot. Feel free to answer my Q’s… I’d love to read them :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me! Gonna play along soon! Loved reading all about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this about you ... especially the wanting lots of babies fact. :) Any immediate plans? :)

    ReplyDelete