Thursday, March 29, 2012

$6 Easter Decorations

Now that I have a child I feel like the holidays are waaaaaay more fun. It’s almost like I’m reliving my childhood holiday excitement again for Kendall. The holidays are fun as an adult but now I have a real, mature excuse to hang up pastel bunnies on my back door.

Using a few items I already had and a very successful trip to our local dollar store, I managed to decorate our home for Easter for $6.00!!!!

Let’s take a tour, shall we?

$1.00 Easter Egg found at the dollar store (I used a command strip I already had on the door to hang it.)

DSC_0400 

I found these adorable foam silhouette cutouts at the dollar store. They came in a package of 8 for $1.00. They had small foam pictures and letters you could purchase to decorate them but I liked them as they came. I used a little tape to hang them up on our back doors.DSC_0409

I took a few of the shapes to add a touch of Easter to Kendall’s room. A little glittery puff paint I already had and Kendall has a cute egg sign on her door.DSC_0403

And I had to put the pretty pink butterfly silhouette on her window. I might actually keep it there beyond Easter.

DSC_0404

Since we don’t have a fireplace mantle I tend to only decorate our dining area. Our living room walls are so bare (that’s a whole other post in itself)  and this is the first room you see when you walk through the door.DSC_0405

I decided to keep my whole sticks in a vase concept going… my Valentine’s one can be found HERE. And no, these are new sticks picked from our property.

The sticks, eggs and thread were free because I already owned them and I scored the egg table runner from Target post Easter last year for $4.00.DSC_0406 DSC_0407

Yes… it needs to be ironed. DSC_0408 

Now the best part of our Easter Decorations. Kendall and mommy’s colored picture. I had to color it a bit to get her going. She mostly marked up the bottom. I found this free image HERE and printed it out at home.DSC_0402

That my friends is how I decorated for Easter with six dollars. LOVES it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment