Friday, March 16, 2012

New Beginnings

TWO BIG events will be happening in our family this coming Monday. I will be starting a NEW job and Kendall will be starting SCHOOL.

I am very excited about both of these events… sort of. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t cried on a daily basis about Kendall starting daycare. Let me preface this by saying I am pro daycare. I have been fortunate to have had my mother watch Kendall and had a flexible work schedule during the first 16.5 months of Kendall’s life. But as a mother, I am concerned about how she will feel when we are leaving her with people she doesn’t know. ::insert ugly cry breakdown::

However, I think Kendall will benefit greatly from daycare. I like that she will have a schedule and learn with other kids while socializing. I’m hoping it will also help with her very picky diet and daily naps. It will be a hard adjustment for all of us but I really feel this is the best decision.

Here are 3 things we are going to do to avoid me crying in the daycare hall holding Kendall and not going to my new job.

1. I have chosen a daycare in which my Grandmother is on the board and my mom is only a few minutes away.

2. Kendall and I have visited the daycare 3 times and played with her class.

3. Chris will be dropping her off in the mornings.

OK… next… my NEW job. This is bittersweet. I have worked for my father for so long and it was never my intention to work for him forever. It will be hard not working with my dad everyday. This is a great opportunity for me with a great company. I think this position will do wonders for my self esteem and I look forward to where ever this road leads. I will let you all know how my first day/week goes.

Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers Monday. This is going to be a huge adjustment for our lifestyle. More than anything I’m concerned for my baby girl but I know I am providing her with a loving environment where she will have fun and learn.

Moms, how did you deal with taking your babies/toddlers/kids off at a sitter/childcare??? Does it get better???

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like some good things are in store! I will pray for y'all & hope to hear an update sometime next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very exciting Shelli! I wish the best for you and Kendall! I am sure she will be okay and so will you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great opportunity for the whole family. When I started putting Farrah in daycare it was tough because she was very clingy to Mama but it DOES get better! Now she loves it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I found your blog through baby center a long time ago. My daughter is also an October baby so I love to follow your blog and get updates on Kendall. Halle, my daughter, is my second and I take both of my children to daycare (I call it school--it makes me feel better :)). I can tell you that the first week or so is very hard, but I can assure you it does get easier! I am sure Kendall will do great and I am sure they will let you call to check in on her to see how she is doing throughout the day. Good luck in your new job as well! I am sure it will all go well and soon you both will be in your groove and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was definitely hard for me to take Grayson to his school when I went back to work. I think it was harder for me than him. It DOES get easier though, I promise! She will have so much fun & make new friends!

    Congrats on your job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daycare is amazing!
    When we first started taking Big T his vocabulary like quadrupled in a weeks time.
    It's amazing all they learn in a school environment.
    Big T cried for about the first 2 weeks, but after that he was fine!
    He love it now!
    She'll get used to it!

    ReplyDelete