Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fifty Shades of Wednesday

This whole working full time/single mom during baseball season is exhausting. Honestly, I just don’t feel like blogging when I come home.

Anyways… I wanted to share some things … bullet point style!

  • I read Fifty Shades of Grey…. OMG that’s all I’m going to say about it here
  • This prompted me to buy a Kindle which should arrive Friday. Then I will purchase book 2 and 3 of the Fifty Shades Trilogy. Yay!
  • I have to take an hour unpaid for lunch at work. Sometimes I go to lunch with someone but lately I’ve been bringing my lunch, finding a nice place to park and reading a book. So nice to have that hour of uninterrupted Shelli time
  • Today when I picked Kendall up she had her jacket on. Her teacher said she wouldn’t let anyone take it off. Ha! She is the same way about her shoes.
  • Speaking of Kendall… she has become much more social now that she is in daycare. We went to a bridal shower over the weekend and Kendall was so funny interacting with everyone
  • We also have a climber on our hands! It’s nothing for me to see her standing up on the coffee table. Lord help me!
  • I’m really contemplating on planning a couple getaway for Chris and I sometime this summer. Maybe a night or two. My stomach hurts to think about leaving Kendall but it would be so nice to have a little time away with my man!
  • Maybe I’m just being all romantically because I’ve been reading trashy romance novels… oh well! Whatever keeps the fire burnin’!

Have you read Fifty Shades? When did you first leave your first born to go somewhere with your hubby?

3 comments:

  1. What's this book I haven't heard of?? Is harlequin trashy or more sophisticated trashy? I can't imagine being away from Jack overnight but I'm sure at your point I will! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first book - on the second one now - LOVE it.

    I think my daughter was 3 when we left her overnight for the first time! BUT it was because we just never planned anywhere to go before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book recommendation and I love how you spend your lunch break! Every mama needs some personal time. :) I think you should definitely plan a night or two away. Miss K will be in great hands and you and Chris can enjoy time together. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete