Monday, May 28, 2012

Cookout and Book Reviews

Sunday we hosted a cookout! Funny story- Chris and I were gung-ho about having patio furniture for everyone to sit on so we spent most of our day tracking down Memorial Weekend deals. I will post a picture later.

Our company was my cousin Becca and her husband Chris, my siblings and us. We grilled out, made margaritas and played Scattergories later. It was a great time! Kendall loved having the company over and new people to play with!

Of course I took no pictures…

I read a few books this week I wanted to discuss.

Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno Series)

Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard – this is a sequel to Gabriel’s Inferno. These books are really good! If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey but would rather read less SMUT you will like these books. :) The story is about Julia, a poor graduate student with some ex-boyfriend issues who also has a past with Professor Emerson. Except Professor Emerson doesn’t remember the night they shared 6 years ago. But does he?Needless to say… you can only guess how the story goes on!

The author uses the classic literature of Dante throughout these books. I’m not familiar with Dante but these books made me want to read some of his work… and go to Italy!

The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire)

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

I promise you the cover does not do this book justice. Sure there are some heated moments between the couple but this is not a trashy harlequin. This book is a fun, predictable story about a girl needing some cash and a billionaire needing a wife. They write up a contract to be married for a year and of course things never go as planned. This would be a perfect plane ride or beach day read!

I’m starting another book (or two) this week. Ha! Everyone have a safe and happy Memorial day and remember all of those who sacrifice for our country and well being!!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. You are on a reading kick!! Have you ever read James Patterson's Women Murder Club books? I LOVE them! The new one just came out and I just ordered it on my Kindle...can't wait to read it! Sounds like ya'll had a great weekend. Let me know when you take Kendall to Creekside she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these reading recs! I am impressed with all of the reading you have accomplished lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening! I was surprised at how not smutty 50 shades was. I expected a lot more cheese (more harlequin) but it was so different than anything I've read.
    If you want a break from the booty action check out:

    Room Emma Donahue or Jaycee Dugard's Memoir
    Tina Fey memoir is interesting

    I have the longest list of books to read and piles around the house.

    ReplyDelete