Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Book Reviews

Clearly, I have been on a reading kick the last few weeks. I’m kind of over it at the moment so I figured I would catch up on my reviews.

Easily Amused by Karen McQuestion

Easily Amused

Easily Amused is a quirky little story about an almost 30 year old who has inherited a house on a street full of crazies. I found that I didn't really like the main character (whose point of view it is written) as much as I loved the people in her life. She has a total brat of a sister and I found myself laughing out loud during their bickering. I was disappointed with the second half of the book. I felt there was so much character and plot development in the beginning and then the rest was poorly written. However, I would totall rec'd this to anyone wanting a light hearted read.

Bound to You by Vanessa Holland

Bound To You

I found this book while looking at the top FREE bestseller ebooks on Amazon. I read it in one day. It was predictable but like with most love stories I've read lately, I get so involved in the characters and have to finish their journey to the end. It was a really sweet book about second chances in love and parenting.

Why Aren't You Sweet Like Me? by Carrie Nyman

Why Aren't You Sweet Like Me?

This was another freebie on Amazon. I LOVED this book. The author wrote this book based off her grandparents love letters (and stories she was told verbally) to one another during WWII. If you love the nostalgia of thr 1940s you will LOVE this book. I felt like I was there and it was told so well. I loved that this was inspired by a true story. It was so sweet. You should read it!!!

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

The Lucky One

I've been reading this one for almost 2 months now. I've read several of Nicholas Sparks books and although he is a good storyteller, the characters and plot are all very generic. The only reason I wanted to read this book was because I want to see the movie eventually. Because Zac Efron is HOT. I must admit that I skipped a lot of the book. It was slow moving for me. Eh.

I downloaded several samples on my Kindle so I’m sure I will resume my reading frenzy very soon! What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. I might check out the 1940's book because I do love that time period. After reading The Notebook and hating it, I haven't picked up another Nic Sparks book. I loved the movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand and have Outlanders on hold at the library. The latter is apparently very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these reviews! Just added all four to my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete