Sunday, July 8, 2012

MAT

For several months I have been thinking and praying about going back to school for teaching. Teaching has always been in the back of my mind, but for various reasons I never pursued the career.

I am happy to announce that I was admitted to the University of the Cumberlands’ online Masters in Teaching Program (P-5). Technically, I’m conditionally admitted because they have not received my official Praxis II scores. But I took the test yesterday and passed, so I should have no problem being “fully” admitted.

I’m nervous and excited. I have been dreaming about teaching and I’m so excited I finally made the decision. I keep thinking about how this all works with our BABY #2 plan and how my new devoted time for school will affect Kendall. I keep telling myself that if I don’t do it now, I never will. Everything else will just happen when it happens You can’t plan life, right?

Anyone have any good elementary teaching blogs they follow?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a career change!! Do you read the inspired apple or first grade parade? Both are GREAT blogs and secretly make me wish I was certified for elementary school. :)

    ReplyDelete