Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventures in Thrift-ing

I complain all the time about our bare walls but it really is a hard decision deciding what you want to hang up. You have to look at your home everyday and if you don’t like what’s in it, you won’t be happy! This is a first for me because I am a HUGE impulse shopper.

A.K.A. my awkward living room couches I would love to exchange for new leather couches. One day…

DSC_0015

Moving on… I think one of the main reasons our walls are bare is because I haven’t found anything with the “IT” factor I am looking for. I find all these ideas on Pinterest and I just can’t make up my mind.

I’ve always been a fan of taking something ugly (but unique) and turning it into something beautiful. I’ve tried it with a picture frame HERE and that is still a work in progress.

So off to the thrift store I went. Kendall and I had a great time at the local Peddler’s mall. I found some neat mirrors I almost couldn’t pass up.

photo (4)

How neat would this mirror look in an entry way or a powder room? The shape is so unique!

photo (5)

Obviously, the white flowers would be going… but how pretty would this look in a metallic shade. Love!

I will be frequenting thrift store more often these days. You really have to search but you can find neat pieces with a lot of potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment