Friday, August 3, 2012

Homemade Donuts

Have you ever made donuts at home?

Here is how I make homemade donuts. They are delicious!

You will need:

  • 1 can of biscuits (I prefer regular plain biscuits)
  • oil
  • skillet
  • powdered sugar
  • milk
  • butter
  • paper towels

Heat up some oil on med-med/high in a skillet. While it’s heating, cut the middle out of the biscuit. This would be a perfect task for one of the corer things if I had one. I cook the donut holes too.

DSC_0925

I use a fork to flip the donuts in the oil. I’m not really sure how long I let them cook.

DSC_0926

While that’s going on you can have some paper towels on a plate ready to lay the cooked donuts on.

Melt some butter and add a little milk. I think I used around 2 tbsps of butter and probably the same amount of milk. I don’t measure… oops.

 DSC_0927

Once the donuts are all cooked you can start adding powdered sugar. I think I used 1 – 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. DSC_0928Keep adding until you get the consistency you like. If you’d like to add flavor or food coloring to your icing this would be the time.

 DSC_0930

I take the donut and dip it right into the icing. These are best served a little warm.DSC_0929 

So easy and so yummy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These look delish! I have never tried this, but pinning now and plan to soon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete