Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nail in the Tire

Every once in a while you have one of those days where nothing goes as planned. Obviously, if you’ve lived at all, you know that life cannot be planned. My little type-A heart struggles with this every time a wrench gets thrown in my plans.

Yesterday my intentions were to pick Kendall up from school, make a quick dinner whilst doing the 30 day shred and keeping said toddler happy. Then I would greet my husband with a kiss at the door in my finest house dress (kidding – barf), hand the kiddo over and lock myself in our office for night 1 of my online masters class.

Here’s how things went down differently, not bad, just not planned…

I drive in the rain towards daycare and I’m being super productive talking on the phone to the cable company. (I had to cancel HBO for the year since True Blood is over.) So I pull into daycare and I hear something break under my tire and my tire pressure visual comes up showing me which tire has NO air. CRAP.

I cannot tell you how much I don’t like dealing with cars. In fact, when the husband and I said our vows, I’m almost positive it was understood that this wife does not like doing outside work or handling car maintenance issues.

So I call the husband who is about to leave baseball practice and he’s all like I can be there in an hour. Thanks for the help! NOT! Chris, when your damsel is in distress you’re supposed to whip out your cape and come rescue me!

Luckily, my grandparents live in view of the church/Kendall’s school. I drove us very slowly to their house so we could wait for Chris. Well this is where things turn up! It was like a mini family reunion at their house! My grandma’s brother and wife were visiting and my aunt and uncle came over too. My grandparents had cookies for Kendall and we all visited until Chris got there. The men folk were able to conclude that a nail was in my tire and fill it up so Chris could fix it when we got home.

Long story short, we picked up a pizza on the way home, my handy hunk of a husband fixed my tire, I didn’t work out and Chris was able to occupy/put Kendall to bed while I had my first online class. Winning! (Do people still say that?)

Life never goes as planned, but in my case, my life is better than I ever could have dreamed.

Kendall taunting Wilson with a biscuit yesterday morning before school and our unplanned afternoon.

DSC_1165 DSC_1167

No comments:

Post a Comment