Thursday, September 6, 2012

Discouraged

Strike 1

I weighed myself this morning and it was 1.5 lbs higher than I was on Monday. I’ve done everything right. 1200 calories, exercised every single day and I’ve gained????

Strike 2

Fruit and cheerios for breakfast, subway for lunch… but why can’t I have a cherry coke and cookie from subway? Will I even be able to enjoy the sweet things in life again???

Strike 3

I came home in a bad mood, discouraged that I am doing everything right (I think?) and I can’t even tell a difference in my body. I fixed dinner and told Chris I wanted to take a nap.

Take another Swing!

As I was laying in bed trying to sleep while holding Kendall’s hand as she watched Little Einstein’s, it dawned on me that I was doing the exact thing I didn’t want to do anymore.  Give up.

Yes, I’m mad I’ve been doing this for over two weeks and I’m not seeing a big difference, but I have to believe I am doing the best I can and the results will come.

So I got out of bed and exercised.

I will get there.

5 comments:

  1. Don't give up!! If you are working out hardcore like it sounds your body is building muscle which weighs more than fat!! And you are probably losing inches! Give it a few more weeks:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second above! Don't get discouraged. Did you take measurements before you started? If so, take measurements again to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second above! Don't get discouraged. Did you take measurements before you started? If so, take measurements again to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get on a plan!!! Where did you get your 30 day shred DVD??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Shelli! I totally understand where you're coming from! But it's great that you're exercising and eating well! Focus on that and the results will come! Something that I've really been trying to focus on and cut out is sugar!! Since I started eating/using less sugar I've felt soooo much better! And I've just been making little changes, sugar free creamer, truvia instead of sugar, etc. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete