Thursday, September 27, 2012

How to recover your dining room seats

 DSC_0037 DSC_0047

LOVES it.

Here’s how I recovered 6 dining room seats in half a Saturday with the help of a toddler and occasional assistance from the husband.

Plaid. Gross.

DSC_0038

Flip it over and check it out.

DSC_0039

Look closer. Ladies, we will need a Phillips.

DSC_0040

Oh joy…. I found 5 flatheads and one teeny, tiny Phillips. Really?

DSC_0041

Unscrew and remove seat.

DSC_0042

Lay down the seat upside down onto the fabric and cut your piece providing enough on all sides to staple the fabric to the seats.

Iron the fabric.

DSC_0043

I purchased this fabric for 3.85/yard on clearance and purchased 6 yeards for 23.70. I only needed 3 yards. I am keeping the rest incase one of the seats gets stained.

You will need one of these staplers. My hand hurt so hard by the end of this project because I am a wimp and had to use both hands to staple.

 DSC_0044

Ready to staple.

DSC_0045

Start stapling. I read somewhere online to do opposite ends first so that’s what I did.

DSC_0046 

Screw back on to chair and VOILA!

DSC_0048 DSC_0049 DSC_0050

BEFORE & AFTER

2012-09-23

I’m pleased with how they turned out. I feel like it lightens the room up and matches my color scheme well. Easy peasy!

3 comments:

  1. Turned out cute and your little helper was even cuter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! I am going to look for fabric tonight, it looks so easy! I guess if mine are attached with glue and not screws then... Im screwed, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea it was easy to re-cover kitchen seats. I love the fabric you picked out! :)

    ReplyDelete