Monday, September 3, 2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Happy Labor Day! I hope you have the pleasure of sitting at home today thanks to paid holidays!
I am living it up in my sweat pants and doing school and house work. :)

I woke up this morning and did Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred ( I love/hate you Jillian) and took my weekly stats all before breakfast. I try to only weigh myself once a week but let's be honest, I step on the scale every morning "just to see".

2 weeks ago when I started exercising/counting calories I had a goal weight loss of 27 pounds. For more information, you can click on the "Weight Loss" tab at the top of the blog.

Here are my two weeks stats.
-3.2 pounds
-5 inches

Clearly, exercise is helping! I haven't noticed a big difference in the way my clothes are fitting but the proof is in the pudding and/or measuring tape! I think this is where I will see the biggest difference in my body because I have gone from no exercise to exercising almost daily.

 Now I wish I could sit here and say I'm okay with losing more inches than pounds, but I'm not. I had really hoped the weight would be melting off. To be honest, I know it's my diet. I am still eating a lot of crap! It's ok if it's in my daily calories, right? MyFitnessPal does not judge me if I had a 210 calorie Kit Kat bar for breakfast! I feel my best when I plan my meals ahead of time and stay away from temptation.

So... I think I might try and make sure I'm consuming calories that count. Instead of a candy bar for breakfast or a small fry at lunch because I have the calories to spare, I should eat more nutritional and "better for me" meals. I think these food decisions will help the pounds melt away.

My first goal is 10 pounds and I plan on taking progress pictures at that point to share with my blog friends!
Are you trying to lose weight?
What has helped you?

1 comment:

  1. Slow and steady is the best way to lose weight and keep it off! I've find a clean diet (no processed foods/sugar) helps me maintain the best. For me, it's all about eating right 90% of the time, working out to tone, and maintaining consistency.
    My favorite motivational quotes:
    Just do it! -Seriously, just DO it!
    This is the only way. -Nice reminder that you have to JUST DO IT! ;)

    I peruse the health/nutrition search under pinterest before working out to motivate me. Always worked.

    Keep it up! I'll walk/run with you if ever you need a friend.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete