Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hold You

Lately, I have been thinking about when we will start trying to have another baby. I have a few friends who are already pregnant with baby number two or who are seriously considering it very soon. And me? I'm just not there yet.

Some days I want to be pregnant and have a squishy baby. Kendall had a tea party with our dog Wilson the other day and Chris and I both agreed she needed a playmate. Ha! And she is so sweet with her baby dolls so of course she will be a wonderful big sister.

Outside of our family unit we have a lot going on and that does play a factor in adding to our family. I am working on my masters degree and that was a very hard decision. I was so worried about sacrificing my time with Kendall for school and I cannot imagine being in school while I'm pregnant or with two kids.

Then I start thinking about the timing of everything (because it always goes the way you want it to right?) and how far apart I want my kids to be in age. And I stress myself out.

So I have had a lot of mixed emotions about all of this. I guess I've come to the conclusion that  I need to do whats best for Kendall, our family and myself and that means to wait a little while before another baby.

Second, I don't think I'm ready yet. I think I will know when it's right. I don't want to get pregnant because my friends are and I want it to be right by Kendall. Kendall still needs me. Sunday when we were out she was being a clingy two year old and kept wanting me to, " Hold you" as she calls it and I thought to myself I'm not ready to share myself yet. She is still a baby (in some ways) and I want to treasure this time with her.
Not to mention, when we have another baby I want to treasure the time with my new baby too.

My mom always tells me that, "what you think about, you bring about", and I truly believe that! Because lately I have been running into moms that are on our same path. They are spacing their kids out or have a 4-5 age gap between kids. I think there is a reason I've crossed paths with them.

13 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog so much, I also have a 2 almost 3 year old and find myself wanting another baby too - all my girlfriends who had babies the same age as my daughter have already had their second babies, but we just arent ready and it's so hard to make that decision and not stress out, thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I know it is such a struggle to figure out the timing. I have so many friends that are in their 30's and don't have any yet - and they are waiting until the time is "right" and I applaud that. Each person is different and each person's timing is different - so I hear you. Elle and Wes are 1 month shy of 3 years apart and I am totally okay with that. Elle was old enough to "help" and now they are two peas in a pod that fight a lot. Hang in there - you will know. I did.. the timing was right - no stressors were in our lives and we were running solid for a bit. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award please follow the link to my blog for details
    www.carrotcakeandjeans.blogspo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each family is different and unique as are your decisions, Follow your heart, and you'll know when the time is just right :) I can relate as we're deciding when the perfect time to add a baby into our fold will be, with lots of outside pressure, but I'm not there yet. When ya know ya know, I really believe that. Thanks for sharing Shelli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new layout!!

    Sharee' www.momFITtingitallin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Shelli! I think a lot of women put unnecessary pressure on themselves... and then do things, like have the boy and girl exactly two years apart. Do YOU, girlfreennnn. :) And enjoy K-dawg all to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog look! I am in the same spot as you, my baby will be 3 in December and we just aren't ready yet. I am getting there though and hopefully (if I can convince my hubby) will be trying to get preggo in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oldest and middle child are 7 years apart and it worked out perfectly. We were able to have lots of time with her before she was no longer an only child. She had no problem with us having a baby. As a matter of fact she was lots of help! I was in college and there was just no way I could have handled Aubree and a pregnancy then a newborn. Aubree used to say "I hold you, mommy" when she was little too and wanted to be held. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! You have the perfect balance of fun fluff and real talk. Love, love, love!

    I totally respect your thoughts on expanding your family.It is tough to know "when" and admire you for thinking through outside factors. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well i don't even have one yet - but i do want mine close together. That may be to do w/ the fact that i'm 30*cough*something already! Y'all are so cute - Go with your gut, God will let it all unfold the way it's meant to happen. LOVE your new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am right there with you...C isn't even a year yet and I am already wanting baby #3! What is even crazier is my husband does too!!! But...we just aren't in a position to have another baby yet, and that is really hard for me but I know if we had another baby right now it would be an even madder mad house than it is now...and this mama doesn't need that yet or I might commit myself. you will get there girlie, just give it all to Him.
    P.S. LOVE the new blog design, it's super cute!!! Have a great day lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am your newest follower and I've nominated you for a Liebster Award =) I really like your blog =) My son is 6 and we are trying to have a baby. If I could go back in time I would have chosen to have another one when he was 2 or 3 so they would be closer in age. I have major baby fever lol.

    You can find the info about the award on my blog:
    http://this-unscripted-life.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wish somebody would ask me already so I can get started with the babes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete