Monday, October 29, 2012

I Wore WHAT?

Linking up with Aly today for this fun link up!

button
Dear Shelli,
Let me preface this by saying I’ve learned some profound things in regards to my fashion choices over the last almost 27 years.
1. Stop trying to make khakis work. They aren’t cute on you. You look like a zoo employee when you wear them.
2. Don’t EVER get bright blonde all over highlights again.
3. Stop wearing white. You are not tan and it washed you out.
I declined showing any pictures older than 10 years, except one. GOOD LORD I could have a blog dedicated to frumpy fashions of my middle school years.
Circa 2000,2001? I can’t remember. This was taken on a church high school youth group trip to the beach. It’s just too good not to share. This us very humbling for me. LOL I think I was 15 and I wasn’t that big. Khaki short overalls have a way of making you appear distorted.
I have no words and will understand if you unfollow this blog now. I watermarked it so you can’t steal it. Ha!
Scan_Pic0074
Next up… a high school senior year picture circa 2004. Oh, you know just posing in the parking lot. I think I was channeling Cher from Clueless that day.
Scan_Pic0077I don’t know what’s worse… the khaki skort, my pasty white body or my gigantic hair.
Next, does anyone remember when trucker hats were a big deal? I believe it was a fad made popular via Ashton Kutcher. Anyways, I had to have one on our summer after high school graduation trip. Oh and you can guarantee I rocked that hat all summer like a complete tool.
Scan_Pic0076
I looked everywhere for a purple shawl photo from my freshmen year away at college but had no luck! :( That would have been a good one!
Not to toot my own horn, but from 2006- to pre baby I dressed pretty cute. Since I had Kendall I’ve kind of let myself go in the cute clothes department.  I’m working on being a fashionista again!

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha ... oh my gosh!!! Khaki overalls? Shut the front door!! The expressions on your face are priceless! I wish I could have found my overall pics, but after two hours of searching, no such luck. I seriously may have thrown them away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the khaki overalls hahahaha! I think we all had pairs of overalls growing up! I remember when it was cool to have one side unhooked.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that smile pic - hysterical. Your hair is too cute:) AND that hat - BAH!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have some horrible pictures from that same church trip. NEVER WANT TO SEE THOSE AGAIN! Love all these! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those aweful truker hats too, It said "Von Bitch". Oye those were embarassing. I also had the overalls, what were we thinking!? These are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love this! I think that everyone thought they were in their own version of Clueless at some point, I know I did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate with all of those pictures. I too had a skort and I wore way too many trucker hats. I was trying really hard to find the picture of me in a John Deere trucker hat I had my senior year. My best friend and I had MATCHING ones we would wear, to the side, mind you. We still cringe at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what I love more... the khaki overalls or the trucker hat!! God, Ashton Kutcher made those sooo coool in college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha the trucker hat! I totally rocked one of those for an entire summer too.

    Now following you :-)

    ReplyDelete