Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NUTS!

The hubs came home from hunting and I thought he looked too cute. I made him pose for this picture!

DSC_0082

I’ve mentioned this several times, but if you are new to my blog,  we purchased our new house last year and it is on 1.83 acres. We live directly across from my parents home and they have 17 acres! Several of those acres house NUT trees. Every year we have pecans, walnuts and other kinds of nuts!

We decided to help pick up some nuts on Sunday! Ha! Kendall was LOVING it!DSC_0083 DSC_0084

Picking nuts with Grandma!

DSC_0088 DSC_0089

She’s a hard worker! This contraption is neat. It picks up nuts when you roll it!DSC_0090

PECANS!

DSC_0091

Funny story: the birds will eat these nuts. My mom said she almost drove into the yard to get the them away from the nuts!

DSC_0092

All you have to do is shell these bad boys and you will have beautiful pecans!DSC_0093

8 comments:

  1. Pecan Pie, Pralines, and oh my! That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous.... boyfriend loves candied pecans and they're freakin EXPENSIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm I'm free to help anyyyy time! Love some nuts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool - Pecans can go into anything:) That is so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealouse of you. 1 - living close to fam bam, 2 - large acreage 3 - NUTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous, too. I want some walnuts-- like all day. And they are so expensive. How nice to have a some property, seclusion, and some nuts--- and some human nuts, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot tell you how fortunate you are to have all of those nuts at your house! I get so tired of spending so much on nuts, especially pecans and walnuts! Lucky girl! Want to ship me any?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete