Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TAT, TAT, TAT IT UP


If you are singing that rap song now we would be BEST friends in real life.

So... today I am linking up with Mel @ 4KOTTEZ for her tattoo link up...

Photobucket
 
I DO NOT have a tattoo, never been a fan of tattoos, and don't plan on getting a tattoo. BUT I love all my inked friends and bloggy friends and wanted to link up for fun!
 
IF I ever planned on getting a tattoo (which wouldn't happen because I'm too indecisive) I would probably do something very simple like this...
 
Jesus fish tattoos
 
 
And it would have to be something very symbolic to me. Like an ichthys or a little star.
 
Here are things I don't GET about tattoos...
  • Why someone would ever get a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/partner's name on their body? You are just asking for a breakup.
  • People that get their child's name/birthdate/picture of infant on their back. Like, when you have 4 other kids are you going to do all of that for them too? You will run out of skin!
  • Tweety bird/Mickey Mouse/Big Bird Tattoos... that is all.
I kid, I kid. To each their own! Tattoos can be a great form of expression for people.

9 comments:

  1. This cracked me up! I totally agree about getting your partner's name on your body. You NEVER know what'll happen. I often joke with my husband and say I will get his name tatted on my neck. For some reason, he doesn't find it amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this was hilarious. I love my Wiley Coyote Tattoo - HA.. I am kidding I don't have one. I love the foot tat picture you choose - I love dainty tats and that is gorgeous. Now when we all meet one day and you see ERIC tatted on my forehead - don't judge. HAHAHA kidding again.

    Thanks for linking up - too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I whole heartedly agree with the spouse/ SO tatoos... you're not going to forget that person's name, why get the tatoo? I don't get it but to each their own! Hysterical post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the spouse/names...how can you ever know?! UGH my husband's oldest daughter got her boyfriend's name on her wrist - a week later they broke up. I was LOLing for weeks on that one!!

    I too love simple tattoos, but don't have any (very indecisive and still just not sure, and since I'm already 30 I doubt I'll ever get one)! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you're saying it probably wasn't my wisest move to tat R's name across my heart or our anniversary date under my ring?? huh... where were you 7 years ago?!? I kid, I kid!! This made me laugh! I'm TOTALLY with you on the name tattoo's... I just don't get it!! What happens when those people start dating agin and their new lova wants to know who "Billy" is?? HA! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you! I couldn't mark up my body with something for the rest of my life. There is no way I could figure out anything that was important enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOOO TRUE!! And the Looney Toons character comment at the end made me laugh. The Taz Mania Devil tattoo's are the worst. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me think of Kate Gosselin and that stupid Winnie the Pooh tattoo.... SMH....

    ReplyDelete
  9. A couple of things...
    1) I love how we channeled the same song for the title of our posts.
    2) Tweety bird tattoos bother me more than any others.
    3) The boy and I have a rule that we won't get each other's names tattooed on each other because we'd like to stay married lol

    ReplyDelete