Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Not so Wordless Wednesday

Is Thanksgiving really next week? I don’t know about you, but I think Thanksgiving gets shafted in a big way. It’s like HALLOWEEN thanksgiving CHRISTMAS. In fact, in our household, I’ve already taken down all of my fall decor in preparation for decorating for Christmas.

I’m so excited about Christmas because Kendall is at a really fun age where I think she will enjoy a lot of the activities. I have so many Christmas ideas that we are going to try this year and hopefully they will become a tradition for Kendall and our future kiddos. Be expecting many blog posts about Christmas toddler activities this in the next few weeks! And if you want a sneak peek check follow me on Pinterest.

*****

I’m always complaining about how I need to learn to use my DSLR camera… but sometimes AUTO does a great job. It was 70+ degrees and sunny Sunday and I got some GREAT pictures after nap time. I made one of these pictures into a Pinterest project and I just love how it turned out! I will post about that later this week!

DSC_0440

Oh this hair… I could brush it and style it for hours if she’d let me!

DSC_0447

Playful girl!

DSC_0463DSC_0465

This weekend was exactly what I needed. Girl time with my favorite girl. I have been in a funk lately (tmi – but I think it’s because my insurance has switched me to another generic birth control, anyone else have that problem?) and I just needed to take a weekend and chill.

I love my husband and love doing things as a family, but girl time with Kendall is my next best thing! Meredith wrote about this a few days ago and I couldn’t agree more! I can remember when my mom and I would have a girls day. Or “playing hooky!” We would go to lunch and shop at the mall and I thought it was the coolest thing. I still love days where I just hang out with my mom. I want Kendall to always feel that way with me. I’m sure I will get on her nerves during the teen years, but I want her to always trust her mom and know that I am here for her. I look forward to many more weekends and days where we can have girl time together and make lasting memories. :)

8 comments:

  1. The pictures are waaay cute! :) I know what you mean, I look forward to having girls day with Brynlee! Yay for having girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! Kendall is so cute :)

    I am thinking about a DSLR camera...is it hard to figure out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for your Christmas activities! I'm horrible about that!! We are going to do the whole Elf on a Shelf thing with Havk this year though!

    Baby, I mean Big Girl is adorable as ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the natural wave in her hair she is such a cutie!!! Yay for Mommy / Daughter days too, I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I like the last photo the most. We definitely shaft Thanksgiving in our house. It's actually my husbands favorite holiday BUT as soon as Halloween is done with I clear out all the fall decorations in anticipation of decorating for Christmas. I just get so excited about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the one-on-one time with my little girl also...even with her little brother now in the picture, we still take a day every month or so as a Mommy and Cici day! Last time I took her to Build-A-Bear and the Disney store and she was in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics of your beautiful girl! Can't wait to hear about all of your Christmas activites! My decor has been up since Sunday, no shame in the early Christmas game! Hope you're having a great day Shelli!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful. I love one-on-one with my girl. I wish I could help you out in the birth control dept but I haven't taken it in 12 years. LOL.. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete