Monday, November 26, 2012

Pinterest Engineer Print

I’m linking up today with AP @ ILYMTC for Hey, that’s Pintastic!
My home is in desperate need of some wall candy. Ever since I saw this Pin (and read the accompanying blog post) on Pinterest I have wanted to try this!
This was a super easy project. I would change a few things next time, and yes… there will be a next time! I love a BIG black and white photo for under $10.
1. I took some cute pictures of the ever so adorable Ms. Kendall
2. I picked out a picture and told Office Depot to print me a 20x30 inch engineer print for under $6.
3. I purchased a foam board via the Dollar Tree. $1 (I will buy a black foam board next time or maybe I will try this on wood like I have seen on Pinterest also)
4. Materials (I already had glue sticks)

DSC_0472
5. I slowly glued and laid the picture onto the foam board. I used a few large text books to weight it down after I glued. Next time, I might invest in the $15 spray adhesive because there are a few spots you can see up close that aren’t perfect. Or I will go slower with my glue stick… I kind of whipped this together in 10 minutes.
DSC_0473 DSC_0475
6. This is when my real creative juices started flowing. Ha! I don’t remember what the original post person did but I used paper clips and duct tape.
DSC_0476 DSC_0477
And… the final product…. Well it is still not on the wall. Go figure. I keep waiting on the husband to do it but I might need to tackle this one. But I did pick out where I want to hang it. That counts right?
photo
There you have it! Another Pin actually happened. Sort of. Oh well!
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. You did so good!!I also nominated you for an award on my blog, go look! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of her! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone just told me about this idea. It does sound really easy. That picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete