Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend and TV talk

Oh Monday! Must you come so soon?

We had a great weekend at the Ryan household! I am loving this "extra" hour today!

Quick summary:

Friday - the hubs hunted in the evening so I shopped and it was the first trip in a long time where I LOVED everything I put on my body. If only my wallet was a little bigger! Ha!


 Saturday- we attended the 4th birthday we've had in 4 weeks. Yikes! Kendall has met her cupcake quota for the year. We had a blast celebrating Caleb's birthday! These 2 are 6 days a part!


Sunday - I didn't even put on makeup. Kendall and I were lazy slobs watching Einsteins and Felicity (details below) and Chris picked up nuts for my parents. Love my hard workin' man! My little BFF!


C25K: My next run (which should have happened Saturday) is the dreaded week 5 run 3, 20 minutes of running with no stops. I'm not sure how it will go down considering I haven't ran since Thursday but I'm super excited about it. I have been feeling really good while running, like I can keep going instead of doing the intervals. Please MAKE me run tonight people.

Which brings me to my next subject... I am OBSESSED with watching Felicity on Netflix. I was a hardcore Dawson's Creek fan and Felicity came on afterwards, but I never really followed the show. So I started watching it a few weeks ago. I laid in bed with my iphone and headphones watching Felicity under the covers (so Chris wouldn't see haha) until 12:15! Or 1:15 since DST!

I go through spells like this with tv shows and/or books (aka Hunger Games/Fifty Shades) where I can not stop until it's over. And like I really have time to be watching all this TV? I work, have a two year old, tons of housework... oh, and I'm a grad student. Plus my regular DVR programming is not getting any attention.

Did I really just write two paragraphs about my tv habits? Oh yes... I did. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and I had the exact same Sunday just with different shows! I love days like that! Congrats on the shopping trip that's the best feeling, to love everything you try on! Congrats Girl! I'll be thinking of you during your run, you got that! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAH!!!!!!!! I love Felicity - I was obsessed with that show in high-school:) Yes I am that old... I am so glad you had a shopping experience with SUCCESS - those are the best days. You got this run girl - you CAN do it... Hope your Monday goes fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Felicity too :) I own all the DVDs and every once in a while I will watch it all the way through - such a great show! Good luck on your run tonight - today is my first day of Couch 2 5k - I am so nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your runs this week! Week 4 was the killer for me so I am happy to see you made it through!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first picture! The top is so cute and you look TINY! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I do the same thing re: Netflix. I watch it on my Iphone, under the covers, with ear pods so hubby doesn't know what I'm doing until the wee hours of the morning. Right now I'm watching 24. I just finished: Dawson's Creek, Prison Break, and Once Upon a Time. I'm such a TV junkie. What's on your DVR right now? I'm watching Breaking Amish, 4 Weddings, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and Walking Dead (wow--that's a lot of TV. Suddenly I realized that I waste a TON of my time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shelli, go run. :)

    And I am loving the top that you bought!!

    Now go, run.

    Ok... off to run... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am addicted to my DVR and really wonder why it hasn't been around forever and how did I ever survive without it!!!

    Love your new top! Isn't great to shop when you feel good about your self!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I need to go shopping with you and you bring your magic shopping clothes trying on skills please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is adorable! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete