Monday, December 17, 2012

Staying Home

Kendall and I are at home today. Girlfriend is running a slight fever and had little energy this morning. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t relieved to keep her home today. After what happened in Newton, CT on Friday, I just want to keep her close and in my sight. I know I can’t keep her in a bubble forever, but today I am.

I have lots of things I want to post about (and I will later) but it all seems so trivial right now in the wake of this tragedy.  Something I was reading called Newtown a teacher and parent’s 9/11. Schools are probably the safest place your kids can be during the day and to have that sacred place turned upside down is a nightmare. Honestly, I don’t even have words to discuss what happened. It’s so unfathomable.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Newtown community, parents and families of those precious babies and heros lost, and for every child going to school and parent dropping their kid off at school today. I will be participating in the blogger day of silence tomorrow for Sandy Hook. More details here if you’d like to join.

3 comments:

  1. My baby girl is sick today too :(( boo she is home with her daddy cuddling on the couch! Give an extra hug today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know what you mean about keeping them in a nice little bubble. Putting my youngest one on the bus was so hard this morning, and then I had to go drop off the other two...I've seriously contemplated home schooling all day.

    Hope Miss K feels better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete