Monday, January 7, 2013

Potty Training, Date Night and back to the GRIND!

Well... this mom is wore out from potty training. I went back and fourth all weekend wondering if she was really ready. I think she is and she started to understand the process, but it also became a game to her. She knew I responded to her "bathroom look" and we would run to the potty like crazy people and then she would sit, request an M&M, and then ask if I could help her get up. Then minutes later there would be a pee trail from where ever she was leading to the potty. I even got peed on once too. Awesome.
BUT I feel optimistic. My mom gave me these little certificates and Kendall was super excited when I gave her one for making it to the potty even if we didn't make it to the potty. :)


Saturday night we received a much needed break in the form of a double date with my cousin Adam and his wife Tara. We went to Texas Roadhouse and saw the movie This is 40. I was hesitant to see the movie because I hate feeling old. I mean I'm 3 years out from turning 30 but still. The movie was really funny and we had a great time. It's nice to be a couple and go out and do something with great friends.

Sunday was the BEST day. I wore my pjs and robe all day and did not step out of the house. Primarily because we were potty training, but I just wanted  a day to read my book and watch Parenthood and play with Kendall. Also, I know this week will be all business getting back into the swing of Chris teaching and me starting grad school again at night. So it was nice to just have a day to be lazy. :)

BTW - I read the sequel to Bared to You by Sylvia Day, Reflected in You, and I loved it! At times I couldn't really understand where it was going, but I finished the book dreaming of Gideon. :) Now I must wait until May to read the third book in the series!


4 comments:

  1. You're doing great w/ the potty training, don't give up or doubt yourself! Give it a week and you'll be so surpised at how great she's doing!

    Yes, back to the grind. But I must admit being back in the routine is a good feeling. Plus that means this pregnancy will move along quickly. 4 1/2 weeks till the half-way point - CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL you are happy to stay in the house, and I think it's a holiday when I actually get out! A downfall of working at home! I've gone 6 days without leaving! It took me until the 5th day to even realize it! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gideon is awesome... The potty training looks like it is going well.. I want Gideon NOW! I love wearing pj's all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm I've been waiting for you to text me that you finished! haha I may or may not have re-read the sequel. I decided that I loved it and I freaking love Gideon. I can't wait to find out what happens in the third.

    Are you following any kind potty training protocol?

    ReplyDelete