Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reading Extravaganza!

I have been living up my holiday vacay and time off from school by obsessing over romantic smut novels. Seriously, if you love to read and do not own a kindle… go get one! They have all kinds of free books and I love having the easy access of downloading a book in like 2 seconds.

Here’s what I’ve been reading… I’ve also updated these on my “Read with Me” page if you’re interested in any of my recommendations. :)

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

It’s like Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele all over again. This book is very similar to my Fifty, but not quite. While the first 1/3 of the book had me hooked… the rest was kind of blah for me. I do however, plan on starting/finishing the second book to the series sometime this week. I can’t not see Gideon and Eva’s story through…

Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly

This one is free on AMAZON ya’ll. Go download it for later, but get it while it is free. It’s a cute and predictable romantic comedy (my fave) but it was a fun read and I enjoyed the story. I stayed up late to finish it one night because I was so dedicated to see their story to the end!

Hired by the Cowboy by Donna Alward

I have a thing for arranged marriage books these days. Hmmmm…. this one is cute. Connor needs his trust fund and Alex is knocked up with no place to go. Voila! Romance! I thought this book was very sweet and Connor is like the dreamiest, most gentleman man ever!

That’s a wrap! What are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. I want to read "Hired by the Cowbody"! Maybe if my boys would start sleeping all night, I would read instead of crashing immediately so that I at least get some sleep! lol. Oh the life of a mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reading reviews. I just finished Gone Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read so many trashy novels in the past few weeks. eek! The second book for Gideon and Eva is way better. I also read Gabriel's Inferno and Gaberial's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard. I feel like I need to go read something non-romance novel related, but I'm def going to check out that free one you mentioned asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my goals is to read more this year! Thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gideon - love... he had me at the elevator scene in the beginning. The next book is better. Read it twice. AND... you crack me up with your arranged marriage. LOL. BAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to check them out, thanks! Trying to get back into the reading thing. I have always been a bookworm but for some reason over the last 6 months I've had to force myself to pick up a book. And I have read a couple good ones in that time but still couldn't just sit down and enjoy them. So one of my NY's goals, to get back to reading. I am about 75 pages into Elin Hilderbrand's 'The Island'. My first book of hers and I really like her style of writing. Have you read any of her's? You should check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the arranged marriage stories too! I was thinking last night it would have been so convenient to have a kindle so I didn't have to leave my house to buy the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The game last night replaced my reading time so I'm planning to read the rest of Bared to You TONIGHT! I just downloaded the other books to have on deck, since they're free. Thanks for the suggestions! Having a Kindle is going to change my life, haha!

    ReplyDelete