Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sick Husband

Disclaimer: I love my husband dearly and sincerely hope he doesn't have a serious illness.

Chris fell ill this Past Friday-Monday. AKA he laid in bed, watched sports, looked up his symptoms on his iPad,  and I brought him Gatorade. I kept telling him he had the stomach bug because Kendall and I has already partaken in the madness. His hysterics got me thinking about what it's like when the Husband (or any other man) gets sicks compared to when the wife gets sick.

When the wife is sick... she must still care for thy toddler.
When the husband is sick... change a diaper? I'm ill, I can't be a parent right now.

When the wife is sick... she still gets up at the same time on the weekend.
When the husband is sick... he lays in bed all damn day.

When the wife is sick... someone still has to make meals.
When the husband is sick... "bring me some soup", "babe, can you get me a Gatorade?"

In all seriousness, if I was truly ill, my husband would take care of me and help around the house. I just think it's funny how extreme men can be about not feeling well!

13 comments:

  1. men take it to a whole another level when they are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!! It is so annoying lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. E is the WORST when he is sick. He sits there and moans and says "this is the end" and orders me around to "get this and get that". When I am ill - I lay on the bathroom floor after hurling, folding laundry, changing diapers, playing with the kids... They are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They actually did a story on this on the Today show this morning! Too funny! And it's so true, Andy is sick w/ a minor cold and he can't do a darn thing. Seriously? But he's so cute, I do feel for him ... a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the biggest babies EVER. I am sick and I still take care of the kids, laundry and still at work :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel your pain lady! Hope your hubby gets better soon so you don't have to play nurse :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you!! They are the biggest babies when sick! But we are just suppose to suck it up! It is very frustrating! Mine even thinks it is ok to try and get "lovey dovey" even when I don't feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - oh it's all so true! For being our strong protectors they sure are some big babies when they're sick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps I hope he's felling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cracks me up! I kinda/sorta have this issue when Tim is sick, but he's sick a lot, so he really does let me off the hook when I get sick, which is so rare. He certainly does more when he's sick than I do when I'm sick, but again, it's because I am sick so rarely and he's sick at least once every couple of weeks, Drove me crazy at first, but I've gotten used to it.

    I sure hope your hubby is feeling better and is able to help you out now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I can completely relate! Kevin was sick for 10 days in November and it was miserable! I know he didn't feel well, but women don't have the same "I'm sick" luxuries. Hope you and your family stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing worse than the man illness!
    Seriously, though, I hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete