Sunday, January 20, 2013

Valentine’s Day decor and BIG Girl Bed

We had a great weekend at home doing chores, homework and whatever else that needed to be done. The highlight of our Saturday (besides going to Kroger) was decorating Kendall’s room for Valentine’s day. I always hit up the Dollar Tree and the Target $1 spot for holiday themed items. I love the window cling decals they have for each holiday at the Dollar Tree. Kendall loves hanging them up on her window and she will show them to anyone who comes over!

I found these cute little heart garlands at Target.

 DSC_0868

Kendall put the stickers on and then when picked out a place to hang it in her room. It looks so cute, I might leave it up all spring. :)

 DSC_0870 DSC_0871

I had this bright idea to convert Kendall’s crib into a toddler bed. She was SO EXCITED. Actually, excited may be an understatement. You can tell from this picture she was not going to stay put. She is fascinated with getting on and off her bed.

DSC_0872

I purchased a safety rail just in case we need it, but she managed to stay on her bed during her nap and sleep yesterday. We have problems putting Kendall to bed at night because she wants to go in our room. Part of me thinks it’s because she felt confined in her crib. Girlfriend can open her door, so we are going to start putting a baby gate up at night so she can’t wonder the house if she wakes up.

I don’t think I blogged about this, but a few weeks ago I purchased a Twin headboard on clearance from target.com. I am saving that for when we transition Kendall into a big girl room. I think the toddler bed will do just fine for now!

I saw this mirror on Pinterest and knew I had to make it for Kendall.

 

DSC_0875 DSC_0876

This project cost me $2 (crepe paper and princess decals… Dollar Tree) because I already had the mirror and glue gun. It was a little time consuming making the crepe rosettes, but I just made some on and off all day Saturday. I LOVE how it turned out and it matches her room perfectly!

6 comments:

  1. I love the mirror! Looks great Shelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!!! I want to craft with you!!! I LOVE the dollar tree!!!!!! You did great it is all super cute and good call on the baby gate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Dollar tree! I decorate my daycare for every holiday with all the stuff from there! You can't beat it! That mirror is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I was thinking of doing some Valentines crafts with A on my days off this week so maybe we'll take your cue and head to good ole Target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! Yay for the big girl bed! How's potty training going?? I can't find you on instagram, what's your username? When I click on the button up top of your page it gives me an error. Look me up at homemadehappenings on there! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete