Monday, February 4, 2013

How to Survive a Super Bowl

Last night the hubs and I ventured to a super bowl party. We had a great time and it was nice to be a couple. Kendall enjoyed her one on one time with her Grandma so she was well take care of while we were out being wild and crazy. I kid, we were in bed by 11 and didn't even stay at the party until the end of the game.
So, how does a wife (who doesn't give a flip about sports) married to a sports fanatic husband survive a super bowl party?

1. Good Company
I would NEVER go to a sports party if I didn't like the people there. Luckily, my cousin and her husband threw an awesome bash and I had several people to talk to.

2. Go kid free
Seriously... it's so nice to eat your weight in cheese dip when you don't have to worry about a small person.

3. Ruzzle
Do you play ruzzle? If not my username is SHELLRY1021. Prepare to be slaughtered!

4. Cheese dip
And wings, and other dips, and sweets.... etc.

5. Color coordinate with your husband. I wore purple, he wore black, and the ravens won. Imagine that!

6. Support the team who has a player whose life was made into an oscar winning film starring Sandy Bullock. Why else would I pick a team? Colors? Yes, yes I would favor a team because of their colors.

7. BEYONCE and Destiny's Child... my little teenage heart was "jumpin', jumpin"... I was a little disappointed Survivor, Say my Name, and Bills, Bills, Bills were not in the lineup BUT I loved seeing Beyonce shake her tail feather instead of some old has been white dude rock band.

8. Be the only one in the room who doesn't realize the game is delayed because of stadium lighting malfunction because you're too busy playing ruzzle


Did you go to a super bowl party? Who did you want to win? Did you eat cheese dip?


6 comments:

  1. I was hoping for some old school Destiny's Child too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your suggestions - especially the color coordination. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food is the only thing i missed since not going to a party. This was the first year I was actually able to hear every commercial and enjoy the half time show. Oh, and #2 is so true! BTW- I pick the team based on colors and cuteness of the coach. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the same boat and wishing for some Bills Bills Bills and Survivor from Destiny's Child! But they still rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahahahah GREAT post!!!!!!!! Cheese dip, DC it was a good night. We played apples to apples w game in background

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited for Beyonce too! So glad we didnt' get an old person/band this year! Although I was a bit disappointed but probably because I hyped it too much. Commercials...aka the REAL reason for Superbowl sunday...were lame!

    ReplyDelete