Thursday, February 28, 2013

Our Love Story

button

 I've always known I would get married young. I was always that little girl who didn't want to be a doctor or lawyer (although I'd be a damn good one) but rather I wanted to be a mom and wife.
In March 2006 I was twenty years old. I had been in and out of several not-very-serious on my end short-term relationships in the past year. I was really lonely. I had great friends but I knew I was ready to meet my husband. It may seem silly because I was in college and only twenty years old, but that was how I felt. I vividly remember saying a prayer to God telling him I was ready for him to send my husband now. I was on a spring break trip with my BFF Liz in Chicago. She was in a serious relationship at the time and probably talking on the phone to her boyfriend and we were walking back to our hotel when I said my prayer.

After that trip, I was promoted at my job at UPS. I was working third shift because they paid for my tuition. I went from a cozy office job typing in zip codes all night to loading airplanes out in the cold!!! When I got my interview for the "ramp" I said YES right away because my cousin Adam and friend Molly worked out there.

While training for my new position one night, Molly and I were loading the belly of a plane where this cute supervisor's crew (Chris) was loading topside. I remember making small chat with him because I was just that type of girl. Always flirting and being nice.

Back at the end of the load that morning a bunch of supervisors were going to breakfast. I asked Chris if he was going to go to breakfast with us and he said sure. Little did I know, Chris was not the go to breakfast or hang out with coworkers type of guy. He thought I was cute.

Breakfast was pretty non eventful  Everyone made small talk and I remember Chris ate a large plate of fruit after his hearty Shoney's buffet plate. Being a typical girl dining with boys I limited myself to one plate but I really wanted two. Isn't it funny the things we remember?

A few days later I received a Myspace message from Chris. We went to dinner two nights later at Texas Roadhouse and started dating. :)


For the next 6 months we kept our relationship secret (except from family and close friends) because supervisors were forbidden to fraternize. It was really fun looking back! We would practically ignore each other in the office. If Chris and I ended up loading the same plane at night he would do sweet things like have my crew's belly cans ready to load. Haha And we would text all night.


In October 2006 I took a leap of faith and left my job. I felt very vulnerable because part of the reason for leaving was him. I even had a few coworkers tell me I should wait until I had a ring on my finger. Honestly, I had another way of getting school paid for and I was struggling with working nights and taking classes during the day too. Then we went public, lol.

August 2007 we were engaged. Chris took me to a baseball game and completly surprised me by proposing to me live on the teleprompter. Cliche, probably... but he is a baseball coach people! I had no idea it was coming. We had talked about getting married all the time but this was seriously a surprise. I had even cried earlier in the date because I'm a brat and thought we were doing something else. LOL I had no idea he had bought a ring and asked for my daddy's permission!


June 142008 we were married :) I was 22 and he was 23.


I am so happy to have Chris by my side. He truly balances me out. He is my best friend and I love spending time with him. He is a great dad and I look forward to many, many more years! Love you babe!







We make a great team!


 Go check out other love stories on Erin's blog!


11 comments:

  1. (New reader - love your blog!)
    I love your story!
    My husband and I were engaged at a young age AND at a baseball game as well and I don't think its cliche at all...especially for baseball fans and/or coaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you guys are beyond cute! I love this story, and am so surprised you loaded planes for UPS! I didn't see that coming! :) I love hearing how people met their loves, this was a great story!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that story!! You two are adorable and you make adorable children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should say "an adorable child" but I'm assuming your next four will be adorable as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and The Coach are so cute! I married young too and wouldnt change it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your love story!! You have such a sweet and adorable family!

    ReplyDelete