Thursday, February 21, 2013

Preparation

I really think this DIET BET business is the push I need to shed those pounds I want to lose. I am super excited about doing this with friends and family and see them accomplish this goal as well.
Like with any big undertaking, it is wise to prepare. Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

So here are some things I have been doing to get my head (and body) in the game before my weigh in this weekend. If you are reading this and have signed up for my diet bet... stop reading. Ha! I don't want you seeing my secrets. $$$ is on the line!

1. Giving in to my food desires
In the form of girl scout cookies etc. I am clearing those and all other forms of food processed crap out of my house before this challenge begins. I might as well enjoy these foods now.

2. Lusting over my pre- wife and pre-mom body

If you follow me on Instragram (mrsryan555) or my personal facebook, then you saw this picture last night. Seriously... I long for this body. I wasn't super thin, but I had muscle and a tan. Chris and I were dating and we would go to the gym 2-3 times a week together. Well he would go and I would follow a long and end up working out too. This picture is my phone lock screen for the next 4 weeks!

3. Planning what I will eat the next 4 weeks (and beyond?)
I've made a list of foods I like (most of which are carb and gluten free) and then have researched some meal ideas that I can prep each week. This is what I have struggled with the most with trying to lose weight. I need quick and easy or I eat bad things.

4. Planning how I will sweat it out over the next 4 weeks (and beyond?)
Working out... it always sounds so simple. Just MOVE! But then why do I not do it? I think $$$ will motivate me and ultimately I love my body the best when it is fit and healthy looking. Just move Shelli, kill that fat!

I will reach my 4% in 4 weeks. I do not want to be a failure. And then I might do it again!

How do you prepare for weight loss? How would you prepare for a 4 week challenge against your friends?

5 comments:

  1. those are awesome goals, girl! especially kicking those cravings. that is what gets the best of me - aka subway for supper last night - but you can do it! i cant wait to see how it goes for you. good luck! :) cash money incentives baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Good goals/road map! I'm excited for you, can't wait to read all about how it goes! Get 'em, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best of luck! It sounds tough but you sound determined!

    I nominated you for the Liebster award, you can check it out here: http://xoxo-corie.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please post your meal plans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see how this goes for you! If it works well I'll have to keep it in mind for post-baby weight loss.

    ReplyDelete