Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Advocare Cleanse Day 1 & 2

So I have made it to Day 3 of the Advocare cleanse. I am down 1.2 pounds form Day 1. I'm sure it would be more if I hadn't screwed up yesterday. I have a good reason and I will share sometime next week.

 Oh well... 1.2 pounds is awesome! I will take it. I have .1 pounds to lose and I will have reached my DIETBET goal. Woohoo!

Let'e backtrack... Day 1

This fiber drink is nasty. I don't care what you mix it with (half water/half trop 50) it's gross. I don't like texture or pulp in my drinks. Blah!


One egg and one banana equals 2 pancakes. Kendall LOVED hers. I am not a big banana fan (shocker) and would have liked my breakfast more if I could have doused this thing in syrup.


Meal 2... 2 tbsp natural peanut butter and a Fiji apple


Meal 3 aka Lunch - spinach, grilled chicken and strawberries


When I got home I had a handful of pop chips... not cleanse appropriate but I don't care.


For dinner I made ground turkey tacos and had every intention of using lettuce wraps with them. But the one thing I didn't buy at the grocery was iceberg lettuce. So I had a whole wheat tortilla. For shame!
I also joined ERIN's diet bet. It starts today. The above picture will be my official Cleanse before picture. 

And here is my child on the scale with her Popsicle stick. Mommy's mini me :)

The day ended with 3 herbal cleanse HORSE PILLS before bed.

Tuesday was a weird day. I will talk about it more when I know more.
I felt really uneasy Tuesday morning. I'm guessing from the horse pills. I was just craving FOOD and I wasn't in the best of moods anyway.


I didn't go to work Tuesday. My mom accompanied me to the consignment presale I'm participating in and we got some good deals.
We had a GREAT not cleanse-proof lunch and went to the mall to shop. I got some $6 workout tops from JCPenny. Love!
So now it's DAY 3 and I am better prepared and motivated by my -1.2 weightloss to keep going. AND I'm very happy about not having to drink that damn fiber cocktail for 3 days. Ha!

Here are my thoughts on the Cleanse so far...
1. Pooping is not a big deal. It's not as much as I thought and it's solid. TMI
2. I feel thinner - I won't take my measurements again until it's done BUT I'm not bloated like I usually am
3. I felt really crappy the first two days but I think it's part of the detox process?

How's it going for you? If you have any questions about my cleanse experience - ask away!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so afraid of that fiber drink! Yikes!!! I need to go get some new workout clothes! Maybe that will make me run faster?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to all of the above! Well except for pooping, I have yet to do that...LOL :) You are doing AWESOME!! Congrats on the lbs down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That egg pancake looks like an awesome idea!!! I'll need to try that ASAP. Glad the cleanse is going well for you- 7.5 days to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how it goes the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score on the $6 workout tops... JCP always has some great sales! Good job on the weight loss so far with the cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great, keep going! Can't wait to see the results! And thx for telling us about the $6 tops! Sounds like I'm heading to the big city this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pooping is a big deal. LOL i hate it :-) You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh your daughter is gorgeous! Congrats on the pooping...better out than in! You are inspiring me to clean up my diet. I should have joined your bet for some shopping money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait- I thought whole wheat or whole grain things were ok to eat???

    ReplyDelete